Brewer Fanatic

04/16/05 - Cards (Carpenter) @ Brewers (Davis), 1:05 PM CT

squarepusher

is anyone else tired of this crap? we are still 4 years away from a winning record. everyone who believes 3TO is the answer is an idiot and never played baseball past the 8th grade. that's why they're webmasters. we're penciled in for 5th place. hopefully attanasio can fix it, but probably not. here's to 4-8-92 finally giving up........surhoff off of rick aguilera. i'm done. go badgers

I always love the "you don't play, so you're an idiot" guy. I never realized bar leagues and beer innings were an enlightening baseball experience, but apparently for this dude they are. This is what happens when people look at one game and say "they suck" - this season is 162 games long. The team has played 10 games.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I always love the "you don't play, so you're an idiot" guy. I never realized bar leagues and beer innings were an enlightening baseball experience, but apparently for this dude they are.

I must say that having a background of actually playing the game for many years gives a person a different perspective than people who stopped after little league.

As far as "beer leagues", I think that must refer to softball. I have never really heard of beer league baseball around this area. I can say that city leagues are abundant and are extremely competative and filled with quality players from colleges, high schools and 20 and 30 somethings with gas left in the tank.

Softball players are not to be confused with people who played little league, Pony league, High School and then perhaps College followed by city leagues.

My experience playing in city leagues was that the consensus was that it was of better quality than the Wisconsin State college league.

Playing the game DOES sharpen ones senses when looking at the professional game and stat geeks and fatsos sitting at their computers need to understand that.

Geeks and tubbies .......start your keyboards and bash away.

glad to see bat got his daily ranting vs Schroedr in, see post in Suppan vs Sheets thread.

Obviously Badger is was a bandwagon fan like so many here, and so many that went to games and wont go back i went to last 3 games and i tell ya ive heard so many people say they wont come back because of how lousy and pathetic this team looks.

First of all its early but to improve in offense you need to have these

1. Hardy be able to hit hahaha or at least get on base and or not always take walks infront of pitcher with men on base 2 outs.

2.SPivey to stop striking out

3. Jenkins to stop strikin out and start hitting it with power

4. Lee to get going

5. Branyan to remain consistan with his power ie 2 homers in 1 game singles mostly every other game.

6.Miller to remain consistant not to the caliber at so far though

really we need to have all of these to actually produce runs on a consistan basis and i really dont see it call me pessimistic but its reallity. How many times did yost say last year and every one related to the brewers The offense is almost there you can see it, it never came i just hope we all dont continue to listen to this and say The offense is almost around the corner you can see it. Jenkins is getting his stroke back and he really doesnt, any player with decent strength who swings for homers every time can hit one out. So when i see jenkins start to actually hit the ball with authority and consistantly ill think jenks is back.

Yes lots of errors i typed this before i went to work. Yeah a job unlike most here *****.

[ everyone who believes 3TO is the answer is an idiot and never played baseball past the 8th grade. that's why they're webmasters. ]

1) I don't think 3TO is "the answer". 3TO is just the "FREE GINTER" of 2005. Branyan is a great free addition to the team, and more than likely isn't a long-term solution.

2) I didn't play baseball past the 4th grade.

3) I don't have to put up with your crap. So:

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/other/banned.jpg

[ Playing the game DOES sharpen ones senses when looking at the professional game and stat geeks and fatsos sitting at their computers need to understand that.

Geeks and tubbies .......start your keyboards and bash away. ]

Geeks and tubbies, eh? Sounds like you're calling me out!

You know, scoop... There are many "geeks and tubbies" out there serving as scouts and front office personel who probably never made it out of Pony league, yet they're doing something you and I will probably never do: Work in a professional capacity in baseball. Heck, Theo Epstein was just a "geek" with a law degree from the University of San Diego, and he's got a world series ring.

So whatever, scoop. I understand that playing the game of baseball makes one more familiar with the game of baseball, it doesn't make you an instant scout or smarter than us "geeks and tubbies".

I'd certainly be interested in learning from people who play ball at the collegiate level or even hard-nosed high school kids. But calling people geeks, tubby, and fatsos? Quite frankly, you and the rest of the Alpha Betas can keep that to yourselves.

square...

first of all...how would I know enough about your background to assume you never played baseball past little league? I couldn't, therefore I wasn't calling anyone out. I was responding to a poster who was talking about the fact that former players don't know any more than anyone else. I disagree.

As far as Theo goes, give the 16 year old bagger at the grocery store that amount of money to blow on a payroll and I bet his team doesn't suck either.

[ first of all...how would I know enough about your background to assume you never played baseball past little league? I couldn't, therefore I wasn't calling anyone out. ]

My point is that you were probably offending a pretty decent segment people with your ranting and name calling. Just try and keep that in mind next time, that's all.

divide your waist size by the number of years playing organized baseball. Softball doesn't count nor does pee-wee ball. Once that number is determined multiply it by the number of games viewed per season. Games watched at the same time as other events such as American Idol or 24 do NOT count.

After that number is discovered divide once again by PHI (1.6180339887), as all things relate to PHI.

When that number is reached, you'll have your answer. Your welcome.

Archived