Brewer Fanatic

04/17/05 - Cards (Maquis) @ Brewers (Santos), 1:05 PM CT

squarepusher

That Clark play was horrible, but it's also not characteristic of him.

This is a game thread; we can nitpick and take things out of context to a degree.

In two weeks, I would think this play would become irrelevant in any discussion of Brady Clark. Today, it's completely relevant, not so much as it pertains to Brady, but as it pertains to the game itself.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was Clarks error today a big deal? Definitely.

Is Brady a liability in CF? Far from it.

Casey hit it on the head. The play is huge today, because the offense is/has been so bad. But it was uncharacteristic of him and he should be fine out there this season.

had to go play outside with my dog after this one... I encourage everyone to go outside, play some catch or go for a walk, and enjoy the great WI weather.

I took my daughter outside to play some baseball. Amazingly, her offense was as good as the Crew's this weekend and she's only 3 1/2.

Now, I'm gonna go relax on the deck with some of Milwaukee's finest beer and grill some NY strips.

Tomorrow's another day and we'll get back after it then.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

You know, for all the people that say defense is overrated, it's pretty clear that poor defense has definitely cost us a number of times already this year. The offense obviously isn't carrying its weight right now, but it won't continue to struggle like it has. In the meantime, its painful to watch them compound the problem by giving up outs on the basepaths because of being overaggressive in the wrong spots.

While I'll be the last one to say defense is overrated, I also think it's a little unfair to rip the defense at this point. Yeah, they've been pretty shaky or downright bad at times, but the importance has been magnified (as others have noted) solely because the offense has been so horrid. If anybody was hitting, I suspect we wouldn't be quite so concerned.

defense is overrated
What a team ultimately wants to do is maximize run differential, no matter how it ends up working out.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived