Brewer Fanatic

04/17/05 - Cards (Maquis) @ Brewers (Santos), 1:05 PM CT

squarepusher
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

js002h.......WHAT MAKES YOU BELIEVE HE IS A MAJOR LEAGUE CLOSER?????????????

Well for starters, he was pretty decent last year, and you have no real basis to argue that he isn't.

Oh, is this board for people who have a clouded perception of reality?

c'mon bucks let's just play nice now.

bucksman,

It's just that your post came off as pro-Cardinals by proclaiming sweep in the manner you did. I'm not taking sides here, I'm just sayin'.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Wow, I've lurked here a long time and this place is lately getting mean. Seriously, it reads like a Packer forum when the Pack is running .500 early in the season. Gotta relax, folks, Adams can still be a decent closer without having an ERA of 0.00. Also, in the long term it's easier to improve when you have decent pitching but lousy offense than vice versa.

On the bright side, I don't see a lot of a certain type of poster making it through 75-90 more losses before moving on to some other internet pastime. That's a good thing, because the old 'you're too negative' vs. 'i can post whatever i want' flame war wears out its welcome pretty quickly.

Let's go Billy!

That was an ugly series.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Quote:
What is Yost thinking!?! A SINGLE gets a runner in!!! What a HORRIBLE coaching decision.

Well, his options were Hall, Helms and Moeller. Not exactly murder's row. When you don't have a strong bench, that's what happens. Having Jenks and Branyan not at 100% really hurt in this series.

This series just proves who's the better team and the team that will win the division. They played several of these games without Edmonds and yesterday without Walker. We had our best 2 pitchers get L's. Not too many positives to draw from this series. The better team won. Plain and simple. That's why they will RUN AWAY with the division once again. They have guys who can get clutch hits...what do we have?

Quote:
Wow, I've lurked here a long time and this place is lately getting mean.

I think we're just very frustrated. For years we've been hearing about how the improvement is just a year away. Now we've started another year with a lot of promise and these guys look pitiful. Sure they're only a game under .500, but the way this last week went is only going to alienate more people from this franchise.

What the hell is Carlos Lee looking at out there? Ditto for Jenkins. We gave up 11 runs in three games to the best hitting lineup in the NL and got swept. Same old Brewers.

Anyone think we'll score more than 2 runs against Perez tomorrow? Not me.

Well, this series answered some early-season questions. Are the Brewers a playoff team right now? No. Can they compete with a playoff team? Yes. The cards represented the NL in the World Series last year. It isn't like we just got swept by the Cubs here. The positive thing is, the Brewers had great pitching for all 3 games (not too great yesterday, but servicable) They weren't blown out, nor have they been blown out yet this year. If this pitching can continue, they'll win more in the long run.

I like that the brewers hung with the best team in the NL, but would really have liked to see Santos get a W today. Lee seems to be dominated by anyone who throws into the left batters box...if he keeps that up he will be the easiest mark in the NL....rough weekend...think it's time for Magruder to stick to the right side of the plate...

Archived