Brewer Fanatic

04/18/05 - Dodgers (Perez) @ Brewers (Capuano), 6:35 PM CT

squarepusher
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It pains me that I have to bring this up again:

p092.ezboard.com/fbrewers...=576.topic

"The Brewerfan.net Fan Forums try to be a bit more civil than other venues. All of the main cuss-words are filtered out. If you see that a word you used is filtered out, please try to refrain from using that word again. Also, using creative spellings to avoid the cuss filter will result in warning, then dismissal. Bottom line, if you'd be uncomfortable talking to your neighbor's 10-year-old with the type of language you're going to use here, you should probably re-word your post."

Thanks for your cooperation.

Well, now that Magruder got one hit against a righty we'll have to see him all season. Kinda like Cirillo getting that HR in the opener. And Hall getting that game winner HR last year. Apparently it only takes one AB.

[ Square, if that was directed towards me it wasn't what you think. I actually pressed the * key four times. I didn't type any cuss word. My mistake. ]

I was directed to both you and Ajay. Not a huge deal, but it's still against the guidelines i've laid out. I hate to be a nazi, but with all of the growth on the site, i'd rather lean towards the strict side.

whew this has been a rough patch early. A 4 game losing streak right before a road trip. A lot of combinations working against us: Lee in a slump to coincide with Jenkins out sick and Branyan hurt

on the plus side Spivey hit the ball real well and it was good to see that comeback to get us to 4-3

have heart folks, they'll turn this around

square....

I know you dont want f bombs here but......at least let me believe that you are swearing in the comfort of your home when you watch useless games like this.

I swear, if it wasn't for swearing at the tv, my health would be in jeopardy watching this BS.

[ I know you dont want f bombs here but......at least let me believe that you are swearing in the comfort of your home when you watch useless games like this. ]

Actually, I don't drop the f bomb at home... but I do have a rather extensive series of towels I bite down on during Brewers games when I feel the urge. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

http://216.182.195.20/visports/images/book/tark.jpg

Brian????

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Ok- back from the game. Now that I'm done eating steak and eggs the wife made me, I feel better. I guess I can't tell ya too much about the game you don't know, so I guess I'll just say a few things you may not have noticed.

-- The ball did not seem to carry all that great with the roof closed (minus the Bradley shot) Milwaukee may have had a homer or two otherwise.

-- There were quite a few Dodger fans there.

--It's not the Pfister Hotel that's haunted, it's the Brewer bats.

--I parked for free and walked in. Some guy by Helfaer gave me a free ticket, I brought a sandwich, soda, and chips with me in a promotional cooler along with my scorebook and walkman. Total cost was nothing.

--My ticket was for the 400 level somewhere. I never even saw my seat. I sat in the 100 level.

--I should have made a sign telling the Dodgers that if they win, the Pfister ghosts are gonna be ticked.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I'm also just back. A few observations which many other people probably made in this thread already:

-Atmosphere in the park wasn't real good. Of course, no hits into the seventh inning will do that.

-The Saenz RBI 1B was a real nice piece of hitting. Too bad our hitters can never do that.

-Our hitters collectively look clueless.

-The section 115 crowd was letting Helms have it pretty good.

-Decent job by Cappy with far from his best stuff. Will need to have much better control in the future or he will get shelled.

I'd say this was the most depressed I've left the park in a while. I think we're getting close to an early season slippery slope. I'm trying not to over-react (and I probably am)-, but I just don't much going well in HOU, SF, and STL.

I'm officially on the fire Butch Wynegar bandwagon now as well. It's got a lot to do with last year in addition to our start offensively this year. The hitters regressing far outnumber the hitters progressing IMO, and it's time for new blood and ideas.

I'm back now too. (Took a bit longer coming from Madison).

The highlight of the night was seeing a smart fan wearing a 3TO t-shirt purchased from this very site. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Terrace box 418, represent. I was going to try to hail you after the game but couldn't find you then.

Otherwise, I don't know why I'm relatively sanguine about the loss. Maybe it's just the relief of not being no-hit? or the relative comfort I took in watching the Cubs blow a 5-0 lead (via out of town scoreboard). Oh, and the weather was great. Was that the first open-roof game of the season?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

if anything, it was funny to see milton bradley clap for and bow for the guys in the RF loge bleachers who were heckling him.

if that's the highlight of the game, there's definetly something missing...

well, here's to hoping Ned gets creative tomorrow. Besides the usuals (Spivey 2b, Lee LF, Overbay 1b, Clark CF, Miller C), I say Hardy at SS, Branyan RF, Cirillo 3b. And why not try messing with the order for better balance. We know Clark first, but why not Hardy or Cirillo 2? Then Spivey 3, Lee cleanup, Overbay 5th, Miller 6th, Branyan, Cirillo/Hardy.

Maybe shifting Hardy to a different spot in the order for a day or two will get him on the attack like he was in spring training. Cirillo could thrive hitting 8th, as he's a classic mistake hitter who thrives on high heaters and hanging breaking balls, but also isn't afraid to draw a walk. Plus, with Hardy's bat control (grounding out a lot), maybe he could benefit with having the hit-and-run put on when he has to be aggressive, not defensive. And perhaps one of the choppers would find the hole.

Archived