Brewer Fanatic

4/19/05 - Dodgers(Cy Dessens) vs. Brewers(Glover) 12:05 CT

RyDogg66
as mentioned, our pen is limited. Figure we've gone through De La Rosa, Turnbow, Adams, and Phelps. That's 4 of our 7 relievers. Obermueller starts tomorrow. So we have Wise and Bottalico left. Although, If Sheets is going to be sick for about 6 days, we could always DL him, call someone up, and Sheets would be able to be activated in about 9 days. Or we could just send down Phelps and replace him with Housman and have him start tomorrow, then go to the pen

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Uh, there's 149 games left in the season. That 12 years and counting is just a little bit premature. The Dodgers do have the best record in baseball - it's not like the Brewers are playing the Sisters of the Poor.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Is that the Milton dude we could have had for free? But he does get grumpy sometimes and that does not fit in with our gentle, relaxed demeanor.

Oh, Mr Mark, how do you change the biggest group of ANTI CLUTCH guys on the planet. This is going to take time.

The Tommy Phelps era can end right about now.

Don't they need another bat with the illness/injuries. (More than another arm, even with Sheets sick, you can plug in Ben a couple of day later and not miss a full turn)

When your lineup sucks like this one does, you don't give up outs. Period. End of story. The Yankees can probably afford to do that, though no one on that team except for like three guys can bunt worth a crap. The Brewers can't afford to give up outs when they're down by two runs.

I refuse to change my thinking on this, though I'll gladly argue the point if anyone's bored. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived