Brewer Fanatic

4/19/05 - Dodgers(Cy Dessens) vs. Brewers(Glover) 12:05 CT

RyDogg66

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, I care...looking forward to it. I'll be listening on the radio to the game and cheering 'em on... (tough to be in WI even w/the Extra Innings package and have the game blacked out, it would be nice hearing Vin Scully do a Brewers game, but I digress)

this team is bound to get things turned around soon enough, might as well be today. I think the late rally last night was a sign that the Crew's bats are waking up...

I care. I'm actually really excited. The pitching this year has been fantastic. If we could just get healthy and get a few guys going (Lee especially) I think good things are on the horizon.

Gotta love Brewers baseball on the radio on a sunny afternoon. I definitely will be skipping class today and being outside listening to Ueck and Jimmy P.

Here's to the beginning of a streak that will make everyone forget about the start.

Oh yea..and JJ snaps out of it today.

GO CREW!!!!!!!!!!!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Lineups:

LA DODGERS MILWAUKEE AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Cesar Izturis SS .340 1 5 Brady Clark CF .362 2 7 Hee Seop Choi 1B .148 1 2 Junior Spivey 2B .294 2 6 J.D. Drew RF .146 1 3 Lyle Overbay 1B .238 2 6 Jeff Kent 2B .370 4 13 Carlos Lee LF .204 1 8 Milton Bradley CF .362 4 12 Damian Miller C .343 1 3 Jose Valentin 3B .355 2 8 Jeff Cirillo 3B .176 1 2 Ricky Ledee LF .308 1 5 Chris Magruder RF .200 0 2 Paul Bako C .273 0 2 J.J. Hardy SS .100 0 2 Elmer Dessens RHP .000 0 0 Gary Glover RHP .000 0 0 (0-0, 3.18) (0-1, 4.26) 

G-love today and possibly Obermueller against Oswalt tommorrow (because of Sheets' flu). Could make an even long week even longer.

Hopefully, G-love has the slider sliding and the bats awake. El Caballo has got to snap out this funk sometime soon, right? I'm thinking today will be that day. Also, JJ with an RBI double (scoring Cirillo) at some point in today's game.

Prediction - until something is done about 6-9 of Cirillo, Magruder, Hardy, pitcher - we wont win a game. And Hardy is the least of my worries about that part of the lineup.

Easily the worst 6-9 that we have put out there on a daily basis in quite sometime.

Ned + Butch met with Lyle, Russ, and Lee, telling them to stay with their approach no matter what, take the walk if it's there, don't just try to force things + carry the load.

edit: More emphasis on telling Lee to lay off the outside junk and take the walk.

You know, not that this would improve the bottom of the order at all, but I thought we might have been seeing Helms get a start today. Guess not.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

If Cirillo struggles today I think Wes should possibly be seen more in that side of the platoon. As bad as Helms was last year he was better than Cirillo. They were just playing Cirillo's hot spring and 1 game which I would have done too.

We'll see what happens I guess.

I wouldn't mind seeing Magruder and Hardy flip-flop in order to get JJ out of the 8th spot. But hey, things have been working as is, so why change anything? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

We need a win bad. Go get 'em, guys.

Archived