Brewer Fanatic

4/20/05 - Brewers (TBA) @ Astros (Oswalt) 7:05CT

RyDogg66

What is Pat Borders doing?

I think I asked that question four times in chat tonight. Send Moeller a message and put him in AAA for a month.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok maybe jr should have run, but he also might have believed that it was foul. He was peeved, but to have yost come out ask a few questions and then walk off the field, turned me off. This team needs a good kick in the pants and yost letting an ump know that it was a disagreeable call and not to stand up for his player was puzzling.

I wonder what would of happened with Spivey if he had run it out. Was the catcher going to bear hug him again?

I think that call was bad, and if the call was right should there be something said about pretty much grabbing Spivey?

But it was just one probably not game chaning play. We just need to hit, and Sheets needs to go back to Milwaukee and play catch with someone.

in all seriousness....this team is going to struggle to win 25 games by the all star break.

Yost and Wynegar need to be fired before this season escalates out of control.

Jenkins, Overbay and Spivey should all be traded prior to the deadline and the rebuilding should begin AGAIN. Prince and Rickie will probably be able to contribute in '07 so losing Lyle and Junior won't be that big of a deal.

I know everybody is accusing me of jumping ship to soon, but this team absolutely sucks and winning 70 games is not in the realm of possibilty. If they win 60 I will be very suprised.

Melvin needs to beging the process of dumping players for whatever they can get to help in '07-'08..

edit: I forgot to mention that Moeller throws like a girl. Sheets its a complete idiot for wanting him to play when he pitches.

People would stop coming to games? Do you honestly think anyone is coming this year? A bad April is death for ticket sales in May and June. I am a diehard, I'm there every day/night that I can be and my friends all told me today that I'm going alone until they start looking like more than a quadruple-A team.

I know everybody is accusing me of jumping ship to soon, but this team absolutely sucks and winning 70 games is not in the realm of possibilty. If they win 60 I will be very suprised.

This may make me sound way older than I am, but scoop grow up. You're married and I assume you're somewhere in your 20s and you throw these little drama episodes when the team doesn't live up to your delusional expectations. How many times do people need to stress that the season is actually 162 games long (if you don't trust me check out baseballreference.com). This isn't the end of the world. The Brewers will win again. Go get some over the counter laxatives and everything might work out.

xis

shut your hole. What did your post add to the discussion of the state of the brewers? Not a damn thing. Keep your critiques of my life and my reaction to a horrible team to yourself. Address the team and MLB, not me. I don't need your advice. Trust me. Keep your comments about me to yourself.

Quote:
AMEN brother...couldn't have said it better myself. Tomorrow is a new day. If there is one positive to this losing streak, the newbie "sky is falling" posters seem to be quickly disappearing.

Fans like you guys are a big part of the problem with this franchise. Every time the team or management serves us fans a heaping pile of steaming crap, you guys eat it up and ask for seconds. I swear some of you are so in love with the Brewers that you don't care if they ever win. You're just happy to watch baseball.

I'll bet you have been saying the same things for the last 12 years. "It's still early, we're bound to turn things around," he says while the Brewers continue on pace for yet another horrible season. "It's ok, we still have all our great prospects and the future," says the management as they try to desperately to come up with a PR plan for 2007 when three quarters of the prospects don't pan out and we still suck.

Year after year, it's the same crap. Every year since 2002 it's been "next year we'll start to see the farm system helping the big league club." Every year we look for something to build on and it never happens. Winning never happens. But it's ok, there's still tomorrow's game and rest assured we'll be back here talking about the same stuff!

(PS- None of this is meant as a personal attack on the posters on this board, so moderators- don't freak out).

molitor....

just for the sake of argument......lay out for me what it is that I said that you would ban me for?

was it encouraging someone to commit suicide? Ooops that wasn't me, was it? That was someone else. Hmm, wierd.

Did I vent about a useless team on a game thread AND on a thread called "how bad is it going to get?" Wow, how crazy of me.

Explain to me what the huge malfunction is...because personally I thik the focus should be on why this team sucks and not whether you like my posts.

What role does Wynegar play in pre-game preparation of the hitters. All teams have advanced scouts, but how much does Wynegar get involved? The reason I ask this is we really seem lost at the plate. We seem surprised by so many pitches an do not appear to have a plan. Are we looking for the curve from Oswalt? If so, how come we never hit one. Are we sitting fastball? Then why don't we hit those? We seem to be guessing, and guessing wrong, all the time! Just curious if anyone knows how we go about prepping our hitters for the games. And one last thing, would they listen?

Fans like you guys are a big part of the problem with this franchise. Every time the team or management serves us fans a heaping pile of steaming crap, you guys eat it up and ask for seconds. I swear some of you are so in love with the Brewers that you don't care if they ever win. You're just happy to watch baseball.

BadgerFan if you spent any time on this site you might actually see the gigantic irony of me being one of those running around calming the flames of revolt. I have been characterized by many as one of the most pessimistic Brewer fans who never has anything positive to say about this team. Yet here I've been several times today attempting to calm the madding crowd and actually trying to relate to people that it isn't that bad. If you ask me the problem with this franchise is that there are so few fans with any true faith in this team and are willing to stick with it even when they (*gasp*) start out 5-9.

Good post, shelmark... I thought about that a little bit on Monday when Perez was pitching and the whole team seemed lost. They aren't taking "professional" approaches at the plate... a lot of guys are swinging early in the count on pitches that they certainly don't seem to be "keyed" on, and many are taking pitches later in counts that are hit-me-fastballs right down the middle. Clark has been the exception, but even his ABs haven't been as crisp lately.

It seems to me like a preparation problem... they don't seem mentally ready. It's not like we've been facing nobodies in the Cards' trio and Perez and Oswalt, but the hitters shouldn't be completely lost... it's not like these are new/unknown pitchers.

They just seem utterly unprepared and overmatched, which is not real fun to watch.

Oswalt sure is a good pitcher, though... he's one of the best.

~Bill

David stated:

If you ask me the problem with this franchise is that there are so few fans with any true faith in this team and are willing to stick with it even when they (*gasp*) start out 5-9.

Bango. Whether it is scoop, badgerfan, or whomever, we are all craving success for the Brewers. I just find it hard to respect individuals that are on one end of the earth when the Brewers win and the opposite end when they lose. If you say you are not going to watch another Brewer game this year, fine, I just personally do not want to hear it a 2nd time.

Quote:
If you ask me the problem with this franchise is that there are so few fans with any true faith in this team and are willing to stick with it even when they (*gasp*) start out 5-9.

No, that's the reason why this franchise is where it is. Because the fan's don't demand a winner. We still trickle into the stadium no matter how bad it gets. Us fans have given this team so many chances to prove that things are going to get better and nothing happens. Until the team, the manager, the management, etc. get the message that us Brewer fans are not going to sit back and take this it will go on and on and on.

[ No, that's the reason why this franchise is where it is. Because the fan's don't demand a winner. We still trickle into the stadium no matter how bad it gets. Us fans have given this team so many chances to prove that things are going to get better and nothing happens. Until the team, the manager, the management, etc. get the message that us Brewer fans are not going to sit back and take this it will go on and on and on. ]

Fans didn't "take it" in the late 90's either by not showing up for games, and that didn't help either. It's not hard to profit on a baseball team even if the team has a losing record.

Management isn't stupid... they're ultimately accountable to the guy at the top, and he's not going to make decisions based on fan reaction when we're not even out of April yet. Mark A can see into the clubhouse, while we can't. If it's obvious that the club is lifeless and not just slumping, people will get canned.

Management isn't stupid... they're ultimately accountable to the guy at the top, and he's not going to make decisions based on fan reaction when we're not even out of April yet. Mark A can see into the clubhouse, while we can't. If it's obvious that the club is lifeless and not just slumping, people will get canned.

I agree to an extent. If the players have a pep in their step and laugh and joke around with Wynegar and hang on his every word but continue to be atrocious at the plate when do results matter? And it hasn't just been dating back to the start of this season. We've got a definite pattern of players getting worse here. Look no further than the ridiculous strikeout patterns we've got going here. All these contact hitters we keep bringing in that suddenly become SO machines.

Archived