Brewer Fanatic

4/20/05 - Brewers (TBA) @ Astros (Oswalt) 7:05CT

RyDogg66
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think flu or not Sheets is gonna go in this one and pitch a dandy. I have this vision of Sheets pitching a great game with the flu and all the boys following his lead and getting out of this slump they are all in.Sheets is a leader and he has a chance to prove without a shadow of a doubt that he is the face of the Milwaukee Brewers.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

The Brewers will win tonight because I'm going to get some Miller High Life and will them to victory.

I support your decision.

Not only do I support your decision, I will join you in your efforts. I'll meet you at the fridge around 7PM.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Oswalts numbers against us weren't as dominating as I thought they would be, though last year he seemed to own us.

Those numbers seriously surprise me. I really thought his numbers would be more Cy Young-ish against us.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

MILWAUKEE AT HOUSTON -- LINEUPS MILWAUKEE HOUSTON AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Brady Clark CF .353 2 7 Adam Everett SS .170 0 3 Junior Spivey 2B .268 2 6 Craig Biggio 2B .340 1 5 Lyle Overbay 1B .267 2 9 Jeff Bagwell 1B .245 2 7 Carlos Lee LF .212 1 8 Mike Lamb 3B .231 0 3 Geoff Jenkins RF .195 1 2 Jason Lane RF .352 4 11 Jeff Cirillo 3B .182 1 2 Luke Scott LF .182 0 1 Bill Hall SS .067 0 0 Raul Chavez C .308 0 3 Chad Moeller C .111 0 0 Willy Taveras CF .286 1 3 Ben Sheets RHP .000 0 0 Roy Oswalt RHP .286 0 0 --1-2, 3.38-- --2-1, 4.50--

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Cirillo is starting at 3B
I believe it was somewhere on this forum that I read that Branyan had gotten a shot in his shoulder and would likely be out until Friday.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I wonder why Billy Hall. Hardy had a nice hit and looked better at the plate, except for the botched Suicide squeeze. Versus a strikeout pitcher in Oswalt, Hardy may be the better choice. Of course, we're in the Juicebox, and as others have said maybe we should have Hall start on Sheets' days

brettac,

while it's unfortunate, this is what some of us were hoping for. This is Jeff Cirillo's chance to prove he has something left and deserves to be on the roster all year. Russell should be fine and will be back soon, but it would have been a shame having Cirillo only pinch hitting while some of us were curious if he was recovered phyisically or mentally (or whatever really happened). If he's a sub-.250 hitter, we'll have an idea soon. If he deserves 60-70 starts, we'll know soon

while it's unfortunate, this is what some of us were hoping for.

You were hoping that a decent player would get hurt so that we could see if the player with the worst stats over the last 2+ years might be worthy of playing a bit more than sitting on the bench? That is downright pathetic. Sure I had a good laugh when Wes had his spill in Puerto Rico, but I didn't want and hope that he would get hurt. Sick, really Sick.

If he's a sub-.250 hitter, we'll have an idea soon.

He has been for several years and if you take away opening day he makes Trent Durrington look like an MVP.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
That 6-9 is just brutal.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewers are king of having a guy hurt for long periods of time without putting them on the disabled list. Was it Spivey that had like 2 AB over 30 days? Is Branyan hurt or not? I don't get it.

Cirillo sucks, and not because of his 20-whatever ab this year. How Yost thinks he's a better option than Helms right now I don't know.

Archived