Brewer Fanatic

4/22/05 Brewers (Santos) at Giants (Rueter), 9:15 p.m. CT

deeswan
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always liked Matheny. I remember once with the Brewers he was hit in the catcher's mask with a foul ball and a piece of his mask broke and cut him really bad in the cheek, but stayed and played the entire game.

That's not true.

Matheny was batting and he got hit in the jaw with a pitch. He just turned his head, spit out a bunch of blood and trotted to first. He never touched or grabbed his face, he didnt even wince. When he got to first the trainer met him there and Matheny was forced to leave the game by the training staff.

I remember the next day someone came to county stadium with a sign that said "Mike Matheny is the toughest man alive"

That is true. And it was awesome.

Quote:
JC is a better baseball player than WH. He just is. If I never saw a stat of either I would say the same thing. How can things be proven without stats? Its a matter of using your head. Rocky is a better movie than Gigli. I can tell by watching both and using the hundreds of movies I have seen as a frame of reference. Gigli cost more to make but it sucks compared to Rocky. I don't need box office numbers to make that call.

Nietsche move over.

Bruce Valanche move over.

well aparently doug melvin doesnt think he sucks either. after all he DID sign him to a pretty hefty deal.

So why are you so focused on my belief that Jenkins was and can be a big time stick? I was talking about cirillo vs helms. Got a problem with my opinion?

Maybe you could offer an opinion instead of focusing on your dislike for me,

Or perhaps you could find a qoute taken out of context and use it for a tag line,

Vic with a masterpiece. Congrats on your 1st complete game!!
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Beautiful performance by the Vampire. Complete Game with only 97 pitches thrown! Hey Chris Capuano, you pitch tommorrow, I hope you were watching that outing by Santos closely. That's the good that comes from issuing no walks!

Let me also say "BEHOLD THE POWER OF CHEESE!" CHEESESANDWICHES THAT IS, WITH PICKLES!

Full Moon tonight along with the Vampire on the mound. You had to have a feeling he'd pitch well. No idea it would be this well.

Vic looked solid from out 1 until out 27. Wow.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived