Brewer Fanatic

4/22/05 Brewers (Santos) at Giants (Rueter), 9:15 p.m. CT

deeswan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Victor The Vampire's first night start this season. This has to be a sure sign of the streak stopping.

I remember watching Kirk Rueter pitch at County Stadium a back in 1998. It was during the Brewers annual Spring Madness promotion (half priced tickets along with dollar dogs and soda...great deal). So a buddy and I drove about 4 1/2 hours from our small Indiana college to Milwaukee for the game. Rueter picthed a gem. But thankfully Scottie Karl was able to keep the game close. Trailing 2-0 going into the 7th, the Crew rallied for runs in the 7th and 8th. Eventually sending the game into extra innings. Thanks to a clutch hit from current SF Giant Marquis Grissom (I think?) in the 12th to score Bobby Hughes, the Crew won 3-2 and completed a 3 game sweep of the Giants.

Rueter vs Karl in 1998 at CS

It really tugs at my heart strings to see Baroid go 1-6 and get pulled in a double switchhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Seeing Cirillo in that lineup is kinda... weird. It feels like a ghost from baseball past...

Darrin Jackson's 649 OPS from '98... *shudder*

You know what, somethings gotta change. And I am starting with the man in the mirror. I keep blaming Wes Helms or Ned Yost.

The buck stops here. I am going to change it up. Instead of drinking a beer on the couch I am going to drink at least 3 in a bar tonight. Cheap beer, not the good stuff.

I think we all need to stop blaming Les Helms and pitch in and do what we can for the team. It starts with me. I can't keep doing the same thing and making the same mistakes. I gotta do something to help break the streak before it gets out of hand. Whose with me?

If anyone wants to help me stop this losing streak you can come to Murphy's by Marquette and buy me a beer. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Come on people be a part of the solution not the problem. It is time to unite and stop this thing. If it is not buying me a beer, its gotta be something.

What are you going to do to break the streak?

Quote:
If anyone wants to help me stop this losing streak you can come to Murphy's by Marquette and buy me a beer.

I'll be at Caffs most likely, seeing as I live in Ardmore...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Ha! Pay that much money to become a teacher. No way. I went to uwgb (really didn't pay there either).

Seriously, my wife is finishing up her last year of dental school. We live up by the Ambassador hotel. I don't visit the college bars too much anymore for the simple reason I don't want to be that creepy 26 year old who can't let college go.

In fact I don't frequent too many bars outside of Leff's on Tuesdays.

Well Don, if I happen to bump into you at Caff's I will make sure to wear my retro-brewers hat. Don't be afraid to stop and say hi, and no you don't have to buy me a beer. You need to save up that money so Marq can take it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Quote:
Wow, that '98 lineup is a lot better than what we run out there now.

*blink*

Jaha had like a .208 average that year and was hurt almost the whole time...a Helmsian .709 OPS.

Matheny is an offensive black hole.

Grissom is a worthless piece of trash. At least he was in Milwaukee.

The others I'd take, especially Vina and Loretta.

Quote:
In fact I don't frequent too many bars outside of Leff's on Tuesdays.

Cool.

I generally stay at Caffs because 1. I live upstairs (can we say "convenient" when I have to take a grand total of 3 steps outdoors?) and 2. The other campus bars are TERRIBLE.

Murphs = oversmoked dump.

Hegs = complete trashpit.

Angelos = "Hi, I'm a freshman. We're only here because they don't card."

Plus... Caffs has that patio for when it's nice out. It's really sweethttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Players batting history vs. tonight's starters

Vampire vs Giant hitters

Roger Cedeno . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .167 (1-6)

Moises Alou . . . . . . . . . . . . ..182 (2-11, 1 HR)

Barry Bonds . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1.000 (1-1)

Deivi Cruz . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..667 (2-3)

Ray Durham . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..000 (0-4)

Pedro Feliz . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1.000 (1-1, 1 HR)

Marquis Grissom . . . . . . . . . . ..500 (1-2, 1 HR)

Mike Matheny . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..000 (0-2)

J.T. Snow . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..000 (0-4)

Michael Tucker . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..250 (1-4)

Omar Vizquel . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..250 (1-4)

Totals . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .238 (10-42, 3 HR)

Rueter vs. Brewer Hitters

Jeff Cirillo . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .200 (5-25)

Brady Clark . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .000 (0-1)

Bill Hall . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .500 (3-6)

Wes Helms . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .000 (0-4)

Geoff Jenkins . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .333 (2-6)

Carlos Lee . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .000 (0-2)

Damian Miller . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .333 (12-36, 1 HR)

Chad Moeller . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .600 (3-5)

Lyle Overbay . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .333 (1-3)

Junior Spivey . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .235 (4-17)

Totals . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .286 (30-105, 1 HR)

Any other Bay Area brewerfans here? I'll be going to the game tonight. I'll be the obnoxious one in the '82 retro away cap in LB 103.

And for the guys watching on tv, don't get excited, it's not deer season yet, it's orange cap night for the Giants.

Archived