Brewer Fanatic

04/23/05 - Brewers (Capuano) @ Giants (Tomko) 3:05 PM CT

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Scoop. Remember when the Crew moved him to 2b back in about '95? Cirillo has played plenty of innings at 2b in the bigs and minors.

I just didn't see anything wrong with making sure he got the out, no need to double switch with out top 7 in the lineup doing fine, and the bullpen in good shape

The first one might have been a little more difficult, but when you get the announcers(who might be the worst I have ever heard) to agree that it should have been an error, I think it should have been.

not sure which announcers. The Giants TV and radio guys are among the best in all of sports....an absolute pleasure to listen to

so cirillo cant play 2nd but can pinch hit for someone who just splashed the ocean?

As far as your comment that Jeff cant play 2nd for 3 innings, I believe I watched doug meintkavich (spelling...i know)......play 2b for boston last year. If a career 1b can play a few innings, a career 3b can certainly fill in for a few innings.

Cirillo at 2nd base through 2003:

27 games, 195 innings

Cirillo at 3rd base through 2003:

1271 games, 10373.2 innings

In 2004, Jeff had 11 games at 3B and 4 games at 2B, but I don't have the inning totals.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I was a bit baffled at the pinch hit with Cirillo, but then two thoughts came to mind. One, perhaps Branyan's shoulder is a bit weak still. Two, perhaps the philosophy of the team for this year is to set Branyan up for success. Having him play almost exclusively against righties would help him pad his stats a bit. Then when they feel he's ready to go everyday, he'll be more established in the big leagues.

Of course, that could be way off. Just trying to figure out the rationale. And I don't need it pointed out again that in '04, Branyan his lefties and righties similarly.

Quote:
Of course the Twins were considering moving to Doug M to 2nd.

Oh well...then...

Case closed.....checkmate.....game set match. You are right. Jeff Cirillo can NOT play 2nd base for 3 innings if the Milwaukee Brewers need him too.

Except for 2004, Branyan's numbers are very good against lefties. Over his career, his numbers against lefties are better than his numbers vs. righties. However, the splits are so scattered that I'm not sure how much meaning can be derived from them.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

No scoop, if Cirillo is placed at 2nd, he won't get struck by lightening and turned into a pile of goo. But only you and possibly Clancy could possibly think its a good idea to play him there except when two middle infielders are injured..

Archived