Brewer Fanatic

5/29/05: Brewers (Capuano) vs. Astros (Pettitte)

brettac1
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to admit guys. Missed the last half of the game today (luckily, I guess) so I'm not as angry right now.

I agree that it would have been nice to see Overbay hit at some point but you just can't hit for Miller there. First of all, Jenkins or Lee should have done something in the 1st inning. And Lee should have at LEAST moved Spivey to 3rd somehow in the 9th.

I realize Miller is a double play candidate, but Overbay isn't? Let's say Overbay ties it up and we go extras. Then you have Chad Moeller in there to provide the big hit. Again, I realize Overbay could maybe win it with a gapper but so could Miller. Overbay isn't smoking hot right now either.

Like I said, I didn't see it live so I'm not as upset about it. I think we just need to do a better job as a whole at getting runners on, over, and in. I think we handle the runners on pretty well. But the over and in part leaves a lot to be desired.

Quote:
Branyan = 37 K's / 109 PA = 34%

Branyan = .847 OPS = 4th among starters...ahead of Lee, Jenkins, Spivey, Miller, et al.

Stats don't lie; people do.

In the month of May, Branyan has posted a lovely .156 batting average, with one RBI. And Branyan has as many home runs in May as I do. Desite having the same number of at-bats as he had in April, he has seven more strikeouts, five fewer home runs, 13 fewer RBIs, and eight fewer hits than he had in April. His OPS (.509) is less than half of his April OPS (1.167).

Seriously, is he really one of the Brewers' best players? Because if he is, I'm cashing in my chips and getting ready for football season early this year. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived