Brewer Fanatic

8/10/2003 Marlins (Penny) @ Brewers (Kinney)

squarepusher

Brad Penny comes off a stellar 7 IP, 4 H, 0 ER performance against St. Louis. Matt Kinney comes off a quality start against Atlanta (6 IP, 3 ER), and has a career 3.00 ERA against Florida in 2 starts.

Coverage

- TV: WISN-12

- Radio: 620 WTMJ

- Internet: milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com...p?c_id=mil

Brewerfan.net / Statfox Matchup Info:www.brewerfan.net/matchup.jsp

Matt Kinney Player Profile:

www.brewerfan.net/ViewPla...ayerId=380

Ok, someone please explain this to me, 'cause I don't get it:

Clark PH's for the pitcher in the bottom of the 7th, and then Yost uses the double switch, keeping clark in the game and putting DJ in the 5-hole.

So then, in the bottom of the 8th, up 1, with one out and runners on 1st and 3rd, instead of having VDW up(removed in the switch), we get to see Mark Smith who has to bat for the pitcher.... and promptly grounds into a double play.

What the heck was the purpose of the double switch? No one in their right mind would rather have Smith up in that situation than Vandy....

Peavey, I can't say for sure, but my guess is that Ned Yost wanted his best defense out there with a two-run lead. Vander Wal has had some knee problems and maybe that had something to do with it. I think Clark is a better defender in RF.

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/other/ajay.jpg

Hi all. Just wanted to say today was quite an enjoyable game. I even got a powder blue Paulie bobblehead. Woo Hoo Want to give props to Bill Hall for a good game today. Yes he dropped a toss from Clayton but not sure he would have gotten the runner anyway. Nice grab though. The last thing I want to add is that I go to a lot of games. I will say there is nothing sweeter then sitting in Miller Park watching Richie Take one deep. Wish he would do that everytime I am there.

Ouch! OK easy I will take it off. Only because you were so sincere in you apology and you were only looking out for the good of the board.

Truce.

http://www.satirewire.com/news/0111/images/surrender.jpg

It was odd, Peavey, but it was a roundabout defensive switch.

Great game to attend Sunday. How in the world was no one able to control Dan Kolb until now? Guy has never hit the strike zone his whole life, and now he's darn near as good as Maddux at hitting the corners.

And it sure is nice watching Keith Ginter take pitches, work the count, and hit line drives. Who woulda guessed he'd do that?

Oh, that's right, almost all of us.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived