Brewer Fanatic

8/13/2003 Brewers (Sheets) @ Phillies (Millwood)

squarepusher

Just to ensure we're all keeping track at home:

Ginter: Age 27, .276/.342/.427 in 232 at bats with 8 home runs (now 9) and 26 RBI (now 29). Price: 301,000

Clayton: Age 33 .214/.287/.336 in 284 at bats with 11 home runs and 30 RBI. Price: 1.5 mil

Young: Age 93, I mean 36 .256/.337/.415 in 390 at bats with 14 home runs and 29 RBI. Price: 2 mil.

I didn't get to see the game, but it looks like the Pills touched up Ben pretty bad in the first. Was there any sign of injury, as it sounds like his back may have had trouble loosening up? Is there any reason to be concerned, or did he just not have his stuff tonight?

The "Bucketheads" kept commenting that he looked sick. I didn't get to see all of the game, but there were times when he looked as if he wasn't feeling 100%. He did look pretty good for about 3 innings. His curve ball was working well and he was attacking hitters. I didn't see the rest of the game, but obviously something went wrong.

I don't think that he looked injured so much as just under the weather.

Al the Thinking Man

Agreed, Ginter looks solid, but if Hardy and Hall are playing shortstop and second next year (which seems as likely as anything), with Helms playing full-time at third, where does Ginter play? Left field field would be the only real option, with Jenkins moving to right.

Ginter is better than Hall, and every bit as good as Helms, at 20% of the cost.

The frustrating part of this is these last 2 months were the perfect time to play both Hall and Ginter everyday to get at least some read on their ability in the majors.

Hall should be starting everyday at SS to see if he can be a bridge there until Hardy is ready.How this 2 headed braincramp {Melvin/Yost} can't see this and instead trot out worthless Clayton is beyond stupid.Yost is looking more and more to be nothing more than a cheerleader to me,peppy and not very bright.

Yost is not very bright at all. While I am sure the team appreciates his unstopable enthusiasm, listening to Yost on the pregame show should leave no doubt of his mental capacity.

I better see an infield of Helms, Hall, Ginter and Sexson. We won't light the world up with them, but hard to beat the cost. As a side note, Ginter really does belolng at 2B; he's probably average defensively there, and below average at 3B.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Clancy, I know you've suggested it before, and I'll shoot the idea down again, just for kicks. The whole idea is to maximize each players abilities. As was already stated, Ginter would be an ABOVE AVERAGE 2nd baseman, offensively, whereas in left he would probably rank around the bottom 3rd in the league.

What's the fascination with playing everyone out of position? And besides, as someone stated, Hardy is not playing in Milwaukee next year, so the point is moot. Unless they re-up EY (and if they do.....) Ginter will be the starting 2b.

Archived