Brewer Fanatic

8/03/03 - Brewers (Sheets) @ Expos (Hernandez)

thebruce44

There's no one around today. I think everyone's in Beloit for the Nelson bobblehead. If I recall, there was discussion elsewhere about going. I think it was today....Hope so, because the Brewers haven't been worth staying home for this afternoon.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Even though they won some games against a watered-down Mets team, the Brewers have looked awfully flat on this road trip. They are like a bunch of dead bodies out there.

What happened to all that stuff about "not quitting", "being on the attack", and "battling" ?

They stink.

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/other/ajay.jpg

Jim made a good point that this team is worn out and needs a day off. Hopefully they can suck it up and get a win.

They just had a 3-day vacation over the All-Star break (everyone except Richie and Jeff). They are probably just sick of losing.....now maybe they know how their fans feel.

I really don"t think this team is going to finish Strong

Sheets is the only Realible Starter and he has not been overpowering.The Veterans look like they can"t wait till this is over.The yongsters have played more games then they are use to.The brewers should have a good shot at that # 1 pick especially since we are now done with the Mets.Sd playing better with Nevin back and the Mets getting Piazza Back.

Wow, the eternal optimists of this board continue to awe me with their love of losing.

Yeah, let's get that #1 pick overall baby. Come on losing 100 games ain't so bad. Hell, we could repeat! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

Then the Brewers Marketing Guru's could put together a campaign to bring out the fans bragging about how pathetic their team really is. And the kicker, they could add the tagline, "We're playing for the #1 pick in the draft! It's all coming together at Miller Park."

Make me barf. I am so sick of this whole prospect, draft talk. Plain and simple we are supposed to already have a major league team in Milwaukee. At one time a lot of these guys were well thought of prospects/draft picks. They just aren't playing well.

I want to see them shoot for 70 wins instead of some kid out of H.S. or College. Heck, if they could get their acts together they could pass Cinncy in the standings. That is forward progress, albeit slow progress.

Okay enough ranting..

Thank goodness the Packers are back on Monday night.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

of being under 500 have tainted me a bit.But Yaz for my Part the future of this team is in the Minors Right now.

This team staff is not very good beside Sheets.we now have a big 3 game Series aganist the best team in the NL.

I don"t think can win enough games to get to that 70 wins but lets hope they don"t quit.

Im all for the winning as many games as possible and at the end of the season seeing where we are in the standings for a #1 pick. I could care less right now. You play the game to win, not to be relieved that maybe we can get a #1 pick. If anything I would want this team winning as many games as they can obviously and finishing strong so we an perhaps not be as much of a pitiful team and attract some possible free agents. When we start hoping we lose to get the #1 pick that is where there is a serious problem.

Sheets, 3-0 with a 1.74 ERA in his three previous starts, came up with a solid effort, going six innings despite feeling under the weather.

"He's been fighting a cold and has had diarrhea and a stomach virus," Brewers manager Ned Yost said. "He was at 85 pitches and I think given the circumstances, he about had it."

Did we really need to know that?

don"t think I don"t want the crew to do well.

but don"t believe for an Instant that even if they do well down the line there is no way we ever sign or get a Major league Fa.

Just like Gord Ash said we have to find some some mid to low tier fa is our Goal.That not saying much so yes if we can add a top pitching Prospect at #1 then i will not be all upset since the future hope is in the minors.

I can only hope Sheets has found it for good finally. His ERA has dropped like a rock since he stopped giving up gopherballs like he was pitching in Coors. He might not be an ace, but he looks like one heck of a good #2 lots of innings and an excellent chance to win. Did Ned reveal confidential medical information?

What a stark contrast in starting pitching between today and a 1-2 years from now. The Brewers have literally tried everyone at the #4 and #5 spots and have come up empty. A collection of guys who are clearly AAA pitchers and nothing more.

I don't know how many #1 and #2s the system will produce in the near future, but I guarantee there will be plenty of guys who are better options at the #3-#5 slots.

dont know if anyone has noticed this..but ben's obp against is in the .280's...to go along with an ops against below .700...hes got the fifth lowest whip in the league...and of course, hes pacing in innings pitched....if ben hadnt already given up 25 hr's this would be an incredibly could year...

nonetheless, a true break out season from a great pitcher and great guy

Archived