Brewer Fanatic

8/7/2003 Braves (Hampton) @ Brewers (Obermueller)

squarepusher

Last week I saw someone tossing around the idea that EY doesn't start on Thursday's (day games after night games) anymore. Guess what, he started. I'm growing tired of seeing him. In fact, the mere site of him (and Clayton) is beginning to make me ill. What do you suppose is going through Bill Hall's head right now? What message are they sending him? Atleast send him back down to Indy and get some work in so you don't COMPLETELY destroy his confidence.

Ok, Rob Reiner is doing play by play for the fifth inning and it is just brutal. He started the bottom of the 5th by calling the Brewers rightfielder Buddy Clark. Bob is just letting him go. I have to admit that he is getting better as the game goes on.

Well, we had our 4th and 5th starters up against their ace and #2... I expected it to get rough - although I held out some optimism - but this is freaking ridiculous...

If Luis Martinez runs through another seven scoreless innings in Indy, I say call him up.

I'm not saying that I'm glad Helms is hurt, but at least this gives Ginter an opportunity to get out there and play. Maybe this will prove that EY needs to sit.

Did Eddie Perez just get an INFIELD hit?

"Wow. I know this is the Braves, but not even the great motivator Yost can keep this team from sucking in the second half? Maybe 100 loses is inevitable... "

Perhaps you've forgotten, but Ned's already in the black for this series. We already won ONE of the games.

"It's like the 15-year-old kid that goes to the bus stop and gets his butt whipped by an 18-year-old every day. Yeah, it's hard to keep getting up and going back to that bus stop every day. But every once in a while, you beat the crap out of the 18-year-old. Every day can be the day. That's the beauty of this game."

And that day came Monday already. What more do you want? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"Every once in a while" apparently is enough for sunny ol' Neddy. Especially when you've got a 2-wins-out-of-every-3 team against a 1-win-out-of-every-3-team. Here's how far we are from competing: 10-2 & 7-1 (and counting) when things are normal. When we DO squeak out a 1-run victory over Atlanta, it's when we're being rescued by an All-Star whom we can wait to trade away because he'll soon get paid what he's earned..

Tomorrow night my guys take on the St. Louis Rams...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

[ "Every once in a while" apparently is enough for sunny ol' Neddy. ]

So what should Yost be saying/doing?

"Yeah, we suck... It's like when you step out in front of oncoming traffic and get hit by a bus.... but instead of dying, you do it for 162 days in any given year."

Perhaps if the roster wasn't almost completely devoid of talent, he could us a more positive metaphor.

"It's like the 15-year-old kid that goes to the bus stop and gets his butt whipped by an 18-year-old every day. Yeah, it's hard to keep getting up and going back to that bus stop every day. But every once in a while, you beat the crap out of the 18-year-old. Every day can be the day. That's the beauty of this game."

Thanks for posting that, Geno. I read that Monday or Tuesday, and thought it was one of the funniest things I read.

That's battling in the truest sense of the word.

Taking one out of three against the Braves isn't that bad. Yes, the two losses were of the ugly variety... but really, did anyone expect the Crew to win this series? I doubt it.

Good to see Enrique got a pair of at-bats in this series. I was beginning to think that he was dead. He had gone 19 games without an at-bat before yesterday. I'm so glad we're committed to the future... I hope more prospects like Enrique can be promoted to the big leagues so they, too, can go weeks without picking up a bat.

Great to see Billy Hall got a start this series, too... err. Nevermind. At least Helms' injury got Ginter a few starts.

~Bill

"[ "Every once in a while" apparently is enough for sunny ol' Neddy. ]

So what should Yost be saying/doing?

"Yeah, we suck... It's like when you step out in front of oncoming traffic and get hit by a bus.... but instead of dying, you do it for 162 days in any given year."

Perhaps if the roster wasn't almost completely devoid of talent, he could us a more positive metaphor. "

Brian:

How about "it won't be easy, Atlanta has a lot of talent. But we'll match up as best we can today, and see what happens. One game at at time..."

If you start expounding on winning "every once in a while" then that means you accept and expect to LOSE the remainder of that time. With such low expectations, losing so often is not the irritant that it should be.

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Archived