Brewer Fanatic

8/8/2003 Marlins (Pavano) @ Brewers (Sheets)

squarepusher

That was highly questionable, but it was not as dumb as "good morning Mr. Encarnacion, good afternoon Mr. Cabrera, and good night Mr. Banks". Darron Sutton is just a disgrace.

He is trying to be Vasgergian. He should go watch Good Morning Vietnam and realize as Bruno Kirby did...not everyone is funny, so don't try.

Has Ned Yost ever pinch hit for Royce Clayton even once this season? Are they even trying to win ?

I can't stand this anymore.

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/other/ajay.jpg

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I understand that grounding into a double play is more a product of circumstance than anything else, but I'd think that if I had a nickel for every time Sexson's done it this season, (well, I'd probably have about 75 cents), but, the point is made, I guess. Anyone think Jenks should have tried to expand his strike zone just a little there in the 8th? None of those pitches were really hittable, I suppose, but as Jenks came up, I was thinking, "here we go, Jenkins walks and even money says Sexson hits into a 6-4-3."

The Brewers did win 1 game against the Marlins the last time they were in town..

Anyway, I have said this before . . it really stinks that we lose to teams like Florida and Montreal who play in horrific ballparks and have awful attendance. It's embarrassing.

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/other/ajay.jpg

Anyway, I have said this before . . it really stinks that we lose to teams like Florida and Montreal who play in horrific ballparks and have awful attendance. It's embarrassing.

Of course, it doesn't matter that those teams are 11 games over .500...

I was at the game this evening, and it seemed like the game represented the Crew's season in a nutshell. Missed opprotunities just killed them....sexson 2 GIDP and clayton 1. Also why was Mark Smith batting and not Perez? And in closing, everytime they had a rally started, that stupid Rally Rabbit dude was on the scoreboard and he killed the rally. So I blame this loss mostly on the three R's: Royce, Richie and that Rabbit.

I do give Royce props on the nice play at short though.

That's the point....those organizations seem to be in limbo constantly and they are doing all right and kick the crap out of our local heroes constantly. It's an embarrassment.

I'm embarrassed when this lose to teams like the Mets and the Padres and the Pirates, teams that are not too good. It doesn't bother me nearly as much when they are beaten by teams with superior talent, regardless of where they play their games.

The way this team has been managed the last 15 years, they couldn't win playing in NY with the Yankee's money.

That's why I couldn't care less about market size.

THe Expos have been in limbo for 2 years but their GM has done a pretty good job with a solid package of talent handed to him. The Marlins were never in limbo, they went straight to rebuilding and acquired a boatload of young talent, so much that even the owners borderline ridiculous trades couldn't repress the team.

Archived