Brewer Fanatic

8/9/2003 Marlins (Redman) @ Brewers (Manning)

MassBrew

The way Mark Redman has already befuddled the Brewers twice this year, it wouldn't matter if Peyton, not David, Manning was firing the ball for the Crew.

Manning's start will determine whether we see Luis Martinez in a Brewer uniform later this week.

"Brewers manager Ned Yost said that recent callup Mark Smith would start Saturday's game in left field and Brady Clark would start in center. Left-handed hitting outfielders Geoff Jenkins and Scott Podsednik will get a rare day off." -- Adam McCalvy / MLB.com

"Playing hard is nice, but we're going to have to get over that hump some time." -- Yost, quoted by McCalvy

THERE IS NO WAY SHOULD THIS GUT BE PITCHING IN THE MAJORS OR 3 A FOR THAT MATTER.

HE JUST PLAINS SUCKS AND NED YOST BETTER REMOVE THIS GUY FROM THE ROSTER RIGHT AFTER THE GAME.

WELL THERE IS NO WAY THAT HE HERE FOR THE NEXT START IF HE IS THEN yOST SHOULD BE GIVEN HIS WALKING PAPERS.iT TIME FOR MARTINEZ.

ENOUGH OF BEING OUT OF GAMES BEFORE THE 1ST ING.

ON THE BRIGHT SPOT WE ARE CLOSING IN ON THE PODS

The GM is the one who supplies the manager with players to manage. Normally the GM and manager would consult and come to a consensus. But there's no way Yost could make such a decision on his own whereas Melvin could. You're aiming at the wrong target.

Yeah, not that it matters in the draft pick race, but even the Devil Rays have a better record now. I must admit that given the state of the starting pitching and the teams remaining on the schedule, 100 losses is looking more and more like a sure thing again.

It truly was an embarassment that Manning was trotted out again tonight, although I would say that this organization re-defines embarassment with each new fiasco.

I'm convinced that Yost has direct orders to play veterans to beat out the Mets, Reds, Pirates, and Padres so as to lessen the draft pick bonus blow the team will have to budget for again next year.

On to the Huntsville broadcast, not because I'm a minor league freak or anything. I've always listened to the major league audio feed as the first choice. But, as was the case last year, we've reached a point now where it's simply more fun to listen to a Brewer-related team that is at least competitive.

So sad it's come to this yet again...

"At least when they give up on a game, they give up all the way. "

Agreed, PTH.

Take a gander at tonight's lineup:

E Young 2B

K Ginter 3B

B Clark CF

R Sexson 1B

M Smith LF

E Perez C

J Vander Wal RF

R Clayton SS

D Manning P

Actually, I'm shocked Sexson's out there. Maybe by the 5th, he'll take a seat.

Brady Clark probably never batted 3rd even in high school, and Mark Smith is "protecting" Richie in the 5 hole, while another over-30 AAA superstar is on the mound, tossing batting practice.

I remember once going to a game at Comiskey, and the starting outfield included Chris Jones and a couple of Moutons, with other luminaries such as Blanco and Lou Collier in the same lineup. I felt cheated as we got our asses handed to us. If I would have known, I would have picked a different game. Honesttogod, is tonight's lineup worth paying major league prices to see? This is like an NFL preseason game. And only half the people show up for those.

HYPOTHETICALLY, if they would have announced tonight's lineup in advance, you'd see maybe 4,000 fans. It would be like going to see "The Producers" on Broadway with nothing but understudies.

Migod, they'd BETTER get that #1 draft choice now...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Well that Major League career was fun while it lasted.

EDIT: Riddle me this: why do you remove Manning for Burba when the next hitter due up for the Marlins is Redman (a terrible hitting pitcher) and your own pitcher's spot is due up first in the following half inning? So that Enrique Cruz and/or Billy Hall don't get even one at-bat?

What does Al say about this? Managing with your heart, not with your head? Yeah.

~Bill

I know this team has had injuries to the Staff but geez putting out Dave manning twice is the worst move this Org has made.I am very dissapointed that the turn this team has made.I tried to remain postive for most of the season but it just wearing me down and it looks like the dog days of aug have hit this team.I know i have talked

about the #1 pick but it was one of the few bright spots

that i have to look foward too.

What does Al say about this? Managing with your heart, not with your head? Yeah.

Bill I think you give Yost too much credit. I think he is managing with his head. Unfortunately Nedly is a v4 in a profession that needs at least a v6 or better to survive.

EDIT: Riddle me this: why do you remove Manning for Burba when the next hitter due up for the Marlins is Redman (a terrible hitting pitcher) and your own pitcher's spot is due up first in the following half inning? So that Enrique Cruz and/or Billy Hall don't get even one at-bat?

I'm convinced that it is a conspiracy... The baseball gods are punishing me and all brewer fans... forcing us to watch washed-up farts like Clayton and Young, while the camera men give us shots of the young "promising" athletes "putting in their dues" on the bench!

As if the entire lineup wasn't giving up already, why did we have to let Burba hit in that spot and give up an extra out. I guess that Yost was sooooo confident that we could come from behind, that he knew we wouldn't need that extra out! >: Not the end of the world but poor management none the less. Bring in a short reliever to get the one out to get out of the inning, and then bring in Burba.

"When swimming the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps clear the turds from your path.

George Carlin"

I forgot the game was on..

I was to busy watching the Packers win. And a comeback win at that. I got curious during halftime and switched over to Fox Sports North only to find the game had ended in another uninspiring 7-1 loss. Geez, 45-71 and going south in a hurry.

But hey, they are giving away Paul Molitor bobbleheads tomorrow at the ballpark. I am going to drag my butt out of bed and get down there for one. "He's just a DH" http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

That's when this team was officially cursed. Thanks Sal.

Archived