Texas 40 59 .404
[b]Milwaukee 39 59 .398[/b]
San Diego 38 63 .376
Tampa Bay 35 63 .357
Detroit 26 71 .268
------------------------------

Yikes.

~Bill

1st inning - Richie Sexson strands another runner in scoring position. I love his homeruns and walks, but how about some more singles with guys in scoring position?

Personally, I am getting more frustrated.

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/other/ajay.jpg

Last 11 at bats for Royce Clayton: 3 Total Bases

First at bat for Bill Hall: 3 Total Bases.

EDIT:

Last 24 at bats for Royce Clayton: 5 Total Bases

First 3 at bats for Bill Hall: 5 Total Bases

Let the takeover resume!

Did Schroeder make mention of some sort of an announcement taking place tommorrow? I caught the tail end of it but I couldn't put together if it was anything serious or if that is indeed what they said.

It happened right after they were talking about people the Brewers would be willing to part with, so it peaked my interest.

Probably nothing at all though...

Wow, what a beautiful piece of hitting by Hall. Here's hoping Clayton sees a lot more off days in the future

I don't know, but it seems to me that Hall's hands aren't fast enough for the majors. We need someone at short who has fast hands at the plate like Royce Clayton. Did I mention Clayton was a battler? What evidence do we have that Bill Hall is a battler?

So many positives for the Crew tonight. Franklyn with another quality start. Dejean thriving in setup role. Keith Osik with big hit and big defensive play against suicide squeeze. Dan Kolb making Texas look like morons for cutting him in the 9th, another gift from Jon Hart. And then the big night for Bill Hall. With his lightning quick bat and his new stance he looks like a young Julio Franco at the plate. Its interesting to hear that Halls new stance was a suggestion of Cecil Coopers. He's a little choppy in the field, but he made up for it tonight with his cannon arm. If the outstanding Brewer coaching staff can smooth out Halls glove to hand exchange, he could stick at SS. Defense at SS will be much more important next year than this year, as I would suspect a ton more groundball pitchers next year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

"And Jose Guillen is amazing. Just wanted to share that."

I finally see why Bill is so enamored with Guillen. But is he really that good, or does he just play that good against the Brewers?

Also interesting to note two others doing damage for the Reds in this series: Mateo and Jimenez- it was mentioned on these boards earlier in the year when they could have been picked up off of waivers. Jimenez especially has somehow found new life so far in Cincy.

To continue with the Bill Hall lovefest . . .

It's amazing how much difference one player can make. I know it is only one game, but still . . .

1. Bill Hall drove in runs that Royce would have likely stranded.

2. Hall's extra base hits got him into scoring position so that others could potentially drive him in. That is much better than watching your regular shorstop make an out and go sit on the bench

3. Hall's hits gave the team extra outs which helped continue innings and extend rallies.

4. Getting more hits allows the team to bat around more and that gives guys like Sexson and Jenkins extra at-bats to potentially do some damage.

I just hope Ned Yost and Doug Melvin realize that there is no benefit to keeping Clayton in the lineup considering that Royce's offense is terrible, his defense is overrated, and he is not part of our future. I am willing to put up with Hall's defensive shortcomings knowing that we are developing our players and building towards the future. It sounds more consistent with the plan. . . and of course we may win more games in the present too.

Yes, I am in love !!!

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/other/ajay.jpg

Everyone keeps bringing up Hall's shoddy defense at SS, but if he can put together a few games like this, who cares? I'll take a bunch of errors over a ton of stranded runners. At least we could blame Hall's errors on "growing pains" for awhile, what's Clayton's excuse: his hands are too fast and he battles too hard?

Archived