Brewer Fanatic

9/03/03 - Reds (Bale) @ Brewers (Martinez)

squarepusher

Good game tonight. I was there to see Luis in person. Wow, was he nervous. I do not recall seeing a pitcher leave the mound and carry his hat around like Luis did. The poor guy almost made Shane Nance look good. (read down for my tirade) Fortunately, Luis didn't get the loss. Brewers 'battled' back 2 or 3 times tonight to get that game.

Wow, Brady almost had a cycle. It appeared Pods and Ginter were trying for extra base-hits to make it easier for Mr Clutch to get that single. Pods rode it all the way to the track in dead center. Have to say we haven't missed a beat in the 3 hole since Jenkins went down.

Shane Nance....

Ponder the AAA special. I wish they could send him back down again. This guy just doesn't learn. Gives up a bomb and a solid single in 1/3 of an inning. He wasn't fooling anyone tonight. Bench the bum for the remainder of the season please, Ned!

For those who listened on radio or watched on Cable, what was the take on Rusch basically loafing it to first base on that little grounder in front of home plate? I did my best to make sure my feelings were felt by Brewers. I was sitting behind homeplate 9 rows up and was looking right at the Brewers coaches on the dugout stairs as I booed. What a freakin joke! The rich boy didn't want to run. Makes it easier for the Brewers to decline on picking up that option.

14 of 16 games won. Kolb 16 straight saves. It was a good night overall.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Did Luis hit 90 at all tonight? I know his fastball is high 80's low 90s' but it didn't look like it had any "zip" to it. Maybe it was just the nerves.

I don't care if you play baseball, LaCrosse, field hockey, curling, football, or rugby, ........it goes without saying....... if you get good players, you'll kick but.

Probably rookie jitters on his part. We'll have to see, though. It could be that Melvin and Yost want to get the rookie jitters out of the way now, so that Luis can be far more effective in the 2004 rotation.

A well-earned day off tomorrow for the Crew. After that, it's time to kick the Cubs' collective butts.

Archived