Brewer Fanatic

8/29/03 - Brewers (Sheets) @ Cubs (Clement)

squarepusher

Would it kill the management to open the checkbook so we don't put folks like Vander Wal out there every day?

To back up Jenkins, fine, but out there behind Sexson every day - that shouldn't be the case.

But Vanderwaail was backup for Hammonds. And Podsednik was backup for Sanchez. The problem wasn't as much not having enough backups, but who they chose in the first place.

How about the Crew starting another streak tomorrow?

Well if they lose, they'll have a losing streak.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Well if they lose, they'll have a losing streak.

NOT the kind of streak I'm hoping for.

We've got a chance against Estes and Cruz - both Kinney and Davis have pitched quite well lately, so let's see if we can't take the Cubs down a couple of notches. I'll settle for taking two out of three in this series.

Estes we have had problems against this year,, i think his two best games came against us...but this is a new brewers team hopefully we can win. LOL we got cincinatti after chicago so we could possibly win at least 5 in a row. weeeeeeeeeeee

Would it kill the management to open the checkbook so we don't put folks like Vander Wal out there every day?

Im not looking for a restatement/answer for post, im just defending Vander Wal

for the money, Vander Wal has been a great Milwaukee Brewer. His offense has been argueably the best in a few years and hes making next to nothing (unlike Geoff/Sexson) and while his stats arent in their neighborhood, it apparently will kill the front office to open up the checkbook to get anyone more expensive

Vandy for a mil is better than Hammonds for 7....I'd go as far to say as Vandy for a mill is better than Jenkins for 8...bang for the buck, small market, JVW has been a great aquisition for the Crew, maybe this season could turn something back to the Brewers as far as a late season trade goes or a resigning/trade next year

Archived