Brewer Fanatic

9/10/03 - Astros (Robertson) @ Brewers (Martinez)

squarepusher

With Philadelphia and Florida at 80 wins and with Houston and St. Louis having 6 games remaining between them, I believe that if the Brewers lose to the Astros today or tomorrow they'll be officially eliminated from the playoffs. Might be time to check those preseason predictions.

Robert

Not to make excuses, but Martienz did look a lot shaper after the second, not great, but throwing more strikes. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

Who is the journalist that Daron was quoting as saying the ROY race will be between Willis and Webb because Milwuakee is the most boring team in the leauge?

He wouldn't say, so I wonder if anybody else has read this.

I wouldn't complete disagree if your an outsider and can find some iotta of interest in the Rays.

Not to mention that the lineup is starting to look more and more like that of a AAA team, no offense to the players.

Is there a reason that Helms isn't batting behind Sexson?

Bill Hall looked terrible at the plate tonight, at least during the at bat I watched.

3-1 game, runner on second and 1 out, 7th inning... pitcher up. What do you do? Perfect time to give a guy who you haven't seen fit to bat in over a month to pinch hit?? So confused!

Yost must have the under for the year! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I was there tonight, and it was awful. The lineup reminded me of the end of last season when our starting outfield was Jim Rushford, Ryan Thompson, and Robert Perez (or someone like that).

Luis Martinez was awful although he did improve later. I personally think they should shut him down for the year and protect his innings count. The whole staff has gone into a funk ever since this six man rotation came into place.

The next few weeks are going to be ugly.

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/other/ajay.jpg

The next few weeks are going to be ugly.

No reason for anyone to be surprised.While beating any teams in the majors to have a 10 game winning streak isnt easy at all,the current swoon just shows what happens when we play actual decent teams.

I was there tonight, and it was awful

I hope you got free tickets or bought cheap ones,that game looked like it could have put an insomniac to sleep.

Maybe the reason Bill Hall has been struggling as of late is that they are batting him eighth. That is just not good for the guy. It seemed like he hit better in the two-hole than at the bottom of the order. Hall saw better pitches when he was batting after Podsednik because Scott put pressure on the pitchers with his stolen bases and Hall had Clark and Sexson due up to protect him more. Hall isn't getting any pitches to hit when he is between Perez/Osik and the pitcher spot.

They need to shuffle the lineup because we need to get Hall better pitches to hit.

How about this?

CF Podsednik

SS Hall

RF Clark

1B Sexson

3B Helms

2B Ginter

LF Smith/Vanderwal/Conti

C Perez

Podsednik and Ginter at the top of the order is pure bliss. Billy Hall swings at everything, not a desirable characteristic in those lineup spots. It doesn't really matter much, but the change I would make is to move Richie to third... Podsednik, Ginter, Sexson is a nice 1-2-3. It'll get Richie a few more ABs, it will give him a few more RBI chances, and he's not going to be protected anyway.

I don't get Ned's insistence on keeping the batting order static. Helms should bat behind Richie, Eddie Perez and Keith Osik don't have to be in the same spot in the order, and the right fielder doesn't have to hit fifth. And Brady Clark doesn't have to hit third, for that matter, although I don't have that much of a problem with it. The lack of flexibility on Nedley's part is kind of amusing... it's not a big deal to move a guy one spot in the order.

~Bill

Archived