Brewer Fanatic

8/28/03 - Brewers (Obermueller) @ Reds (Wilson) -- PULLED FROM THE ARCHIVES

squarepusher

thats just too awsome Brewers, 10 wins in a row

reminds me of this past NBA season when I was following Shane Battier and the Memphis Grizzlies close, they were out of it but towards the end of the season won 8 in a row or something like that. Good times, everyone was positive (except during gametime then everyone was tense and forgot that deep down its a last place team)

however, reasons to be optiomistic, good week or two to be a brewers fan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10!!! 10!!! 10!!!

2 more and we all get free George Webb Hamburgers!!!

Man this is awesome! Go Brewers Go!!!! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Danny Kolb baby!!!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
hate to put a damper on this but if Jenkins thumb is really broken, we're hosed. Good thing we got to 58 wins as quickly as we did. I'd say the over under on wins with him out of the lineup is 10.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Once again Jim Powell made this an awesome afternoon at the office -- he was all over this one from first pitch to last, and really captured all the late drama -- "How about that kid Bill Hall!? - perfect...

I'm glad Bob's 6th inning visit by phone didn't jinx things -- that was fun, too.

Call me a JP suck-up, I don't care -- we're lucky to have him.

Initial report was a possible fracture. That's why I said IF it's broken the Crew is hosed.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I don't get it. When I broke my thumb, it was simple:

1. I hurt it.

2. It hurt

3. Went to doctor.

4. Docter took x-ray.

5. He said, "It's broke"

I'm sure they x-rayed it at the park (they DO have one, no?). I would speculate that if it is broke, it's a very minor fracture. Sucks that his great season may end early, but he'll be good to go next year.

Look on the bright side, we really don't need him anymore this year, and it will further devalue him. We might even be able to afford him soon!

"Call me a JP suck-up, I don't care -- we're lucky to have him."

I agree 100%. I actually can listen to the games now that it's just Powell. And he actually lets you know what's going on in the game. Hope he stays areound for a long time. He should get that #1 spot pretty soon.

The chances of us winning without Jenks in the lineup do go down. However, the Brewers have won these games because of a team effort and someone different coming up big every day. I'd say that our chances of winning tomorrow are about the same as winning any other game, Jenkins or not.

Someone sure seems to step up each game...

Maybe with Jenkins out, Sheets steps it up... perfect game at Wrigley?

29 games to go, 12.5 games behind the Astros. This could be one heck of a run... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

First of all, I hope the Brewers don't play this sloppy tommorrow, lest their streak come to an end.

Secondly, there is no way Yost will put Ginter in left if Jenkins does indeed have a fractured thumb.

I'd look for Vandy and Clark in the corner outfield spots for the time being, and either Zocco or Rushford being called up to take the 4th outfielder spot from Clark. That's not too say that Ginter won't, or shouldn't, see any time out there, it's just that his future is obviously at 2nd, and that's where he should see the majority of his time. I don't want to see 3 or so guys playing out of position (maybe getting hurt) for the sake of winning 2 or 3 more games this year. Clancy may be optimistic that we can win the division, but let's see, 12.5 out, 29 games to go. That means if the Astros even go say, 10 and 20, we'd have to go 23 and 7. I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but the Astros, Cardinals, AND Cubs would ALL have to go completely in the tank.

A bad knee and leg problems? He had a bruised knee which is supposedly fine now. Also, if your "leg problems" is in referance to his cramps today, maybe somone needs to explain to you what cramps are http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Maybe I missed an injury?

I love the excietment and all, but after I get my free cheese burger I am all about that #1 draft pick. I think that would solidify the minors for the near future.

Yeah, I feel ashamed saying that, tho without jenks driving in pods what is the winning streak anyway.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

Archived