Brewer Fanatic

8/25/03 - Brewers (Kinney) @ Reds (Harang)

squarepusher

6:10 PM, CST

TV: WGCV-24

Radio: WTMJ 620

Your Milwaukee Brewers try for win #7 in a row tonight against the Cincinnati Reds who lost yesterday, but are 6-4 in their last 10 games. (The Brewers are 7-3 in their last 10).

Matt Kinney is having a fine month, and is arguably coming off the best start of his career (8 IP, 9 H, 2 BB, 8K vs. Philadelphia). He's 0-1 with a 6.50 in 3 starts against the Reds this year.

Former Athletic Aaron Harang who came over in the Jose Guillen deal has been marvelous during his stint in the NL so far. He's 3-0 with a 2.37 ERA with Cinci. He went 7 innings in has last start vs. Arizona, giving up only 4 hits, walking none, and fanning 6.

Brewerfan.net / Statfox matchup info:

www.brewerfan.net/matchup.jsp

Matt Kinney player profile:

www.brewerfan.net/ViewPla...ayerId=380

I'm going to say we win 4-1 tonight, for #7 in a row...

Our starting pitching has been on fire, and our offense has been clutch lately... (On a side note... Glendon Rusch was really throwing strikes last night)... maybe we'll use him in long relief again tonight (to showcase him for a possible trade).... I can only hope...

I'll also we watching for Podzilla... the rightful 2003 NL Rookie of the Year (since Willis, Webb, and others have tanked lately)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Big rip for Wes. Crew goes up bvy two. Anybody else notice that Clayton is something like 11 for his last 26?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Hall is the Master of the Universe. 4 for 4 tonight. I would like to see Ginter at 2b and Hall at SS next year. Clayton needs to go.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Hey, if he goes 4 for 4 he can do a back flip to first. He's the one who has to pay tomorrow when they throw at his head.

That he has what it takes to be a great manager... time to sit Clayton down, at the very end of the bench... He's had a couple hits the last few nights, but Hall and Ginter have been much better, in the past week, and throughout the season...

Wow, seven in a row... Break up Milwaukee http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif (I guess this ruins any chance we had at the #1 pick)... I believe someone on the radio mentioned that we are only one game below .500 since the all-star break (as of tonight's final)... Perhaps the Brewers goal of .500 in the second half wasn't such a pipe dream after all...

Props to Kinney for another solid performance...

Hopefully, the fact that Hall is hitting will cause them to think twice about keeping Clayton. Maybe some chump team will trade for Clayton before the end of the month (fat chance but you never know) I think that's why EY was playing over Ginter for so long - they had to showcase him in order to trade him.

Billy Hall appears to have a different stance and has bulked up, but the difference is probably confidence. As I said at the time, his bat speed last year blew me away. I saw him pounce on a ball at Wrigley for a big homer. He just looked very raw. I am comfortable with him at SS in 2004.

Archived