Brewer Fanatic

07/11 Reds (Dempster) at Brewers (Sheets)

squarepusher

et me be the first to say it...dempster sucks

Sounds pretty similar to a description of Wes Helms this past winter.......I wonder if we can trust the source? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/glasses.gif

I agree...Dempster has issues.... I hope Sheets throws a CG Shutout (although unlikely with the Reds Offense), but would really boost Ben's confidence heading into the break... It would nice to frustrate other teams trying to aquire Ben, by cementing him into the list of brewers "untouchables"

I'd like to see Ben not throw 120 pitches. In fact, it would be just dandy if he only needed 85 or 90 to get through 7 innings. He's a horse, but I'm afraid that Yost has been pushing the pitch count up a bit too much. It's not Dusty Baker bad, but it's troubling.

Just wanted to mention that... Al's got a good post on his blog with a link to Baseball Crank.... worth checking out.

Edit: One more thing... my concern is that the woeful performances by our 4/5 starters will prompt Yost to attempt to use Sheets as a bullpen-saver. He's been consistently throwing 100-110 pitches as it is and so we've got to keep an eye on it... and because he never misses a start, those pitches add up quick. He also rarely has very poor outings and so he doesn't get the 50-75 pitch outings that other (less-good) pitchers get once and a while.

Food for thought, anyway.

~Bill

Bases loaded, no outs and they come up empty? That's terrible. I can't believe they couldn't even get one run across. I hope this doesn't turn into another 1-1 tie into the 12th, I don't think I can handle that again!

Eighth inning, bases loaded, two outs, down by 5 and Royce Clayton due up. We know Kieschnick is coming in because he is warming up in th bullpen. We know Cruz is coming in after Clayton because he is in the on deck circle, and since he is an automatic out, whatever happens in the Clayton at bat is it for offense this inning. Big Boppers could be due up in the ninth. Right handed pitcher. What do I do?

I pinch hit BROOKS KIESCHNICK for god sake. Trot him in from the bullpen to hit, call time, do whatever it takes, but keep that anti-clutch Clayton OUT of this situation!! Put Cruz in defensively...god knows he can hold his own with the glove anyway and with him hitting next and down we have NOTHING TO LOSE by removing Clayton's so-called great defense from the game. Good grief. why why why why why? At some point management have to REALIZE that he is NOT going to ever drive in the runs in this situation. Second night in a row he is INEXPLICABLY left in for a key moment.

He was not the only reason we lost tonight, not by a long shot, but what in the WORLD is going on here? We'd rather have Brooks leading off with nobody on in the ninth than in this situation? Sure, if he doesnt reach, Cruz bats in the top of the next inning but hey, we're out of it anyway if we dont get something in the eighth. I will never understand this past week's coaching.

I posted the same thing at Ramblings, JR. And Eddie Perez was available to PH for the P spot, if Brooks reached.

I believe the issue here is Ned doesn't believe Royce is awful because several years ago, Royce had some good offensive seasons. Talk about being a decade behind, Clayton is below replacement level, and he's still allowed to hit as if he's ARod.

Don't forget, we're only paying this clod $1.75 mil. That's why going young and cheap isn't bad.

Archived