Brewer Fanatic

9/15/03 - Brewers (Obermueller) @ Cardinals (Tomko)

950opsLHcatcher

Tomko's outings vs Milwaukee this season:

6/19: 6 1/3 IP, 9 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K (Win)

4/14: 5 1/3 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 6 K (Win)

He's 2-0 against the Brewers this year but as I recall...and the numbers back me up, that the Crew have been able to hit Brett Tomko. I'm not exactly sure how he's won 6 out of his last 7 decisions...but I guess it couldn't hurt that the Cardinals have given Tomko run support of: 7, 9, 8, 13, 11, 8, 10, 3, 10, 3, 6, and 10 runs during each of his wins this season.

I have a feeling 5 runs won't win tonight's game...and in an unrelated story I too am pulling for Mr. Obermueller to get his win.

The Cardinals are a mess, they basically need a sweep of this four-game set. Still not sure where my utter distaste for the Cards comes from, but they look ripe for the picking. Tomko had a complete game win last time out -- he'll get shelled tonight.

Wes gets a well-deserved victory party tonight.

I still can't believe we lost the World Series to a bunch of singles hitting wimps.

It still bothers me to this day. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/brew/img/aug02/9.jpg

I have always disliked the argument of playing the veterans for the integrity of the playoffs. We have(or at least, should have) a different agenda than other teams. If anyone has a reason to whine, it is the Astros.They played the Reds when they had players resembling a major league team. As a result, they lost several games to them before Cincinnati dumped everyone of value. The Cubs have benefitted from these circumstances, but yet are still in back of the Astros. Like the Reds and the Pirates, we should do what is in the best interest of the Milwaukee Brewers and nobody else. As long as the team is still trying to win with the players they decide to place on the field, they are maintaining league integrity.

Archived