Brewer Fanatic

9/26 Brewers (Franklin) @ Astros (Robertson)

MassBrew

I know I am going to need to get a flame retardant suit on for this one, but a significant part of me wanted to see the Crew tank these last games. Something about being cheered on by Cub fans just sickens the soul.

But it is still nice to crush you?re the competition! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I caught the latter half of the game and saw the Sexson bomb,could be the last one we see in a Brewer uniform.Watching Sexson since he arrived here i have great respect for the man,he plays hurt,plays well,and by all acounts is a model citizen and teammate.No doubt if he is traded it will be a sad day for me as a Brewer fan even if the trade is in our best interest.Seeing some of the monster bombs he hits is often the only bright spot in many dismal Brewer games.

for everyone who said Richie wasnt upper echelon:

.926 Ops

for everyone who once said richie had not plate discipline, or that it was impossible for him to walk alot:

97 walks

for everyone who thought he was slowing down because of bad knees:

45 hr's

Sexson is tied for the league lead in Hr's, he's 4th in RBI, and he's in the top ten in Walks, Slg, and OPS

Richie has become a Bonafide Major League Superstar

and frankly, I will be upset if they trade him...if prince fielder cannot be contained, so be it..but until I see Prince ready to put up numbers similar, then I say keep richie!

and frankly, I will be upset if they trade him...

I'll only be upset if they trade him without making a legit attempt at re-signing him. As you mentioned, Richie's numbers rank among the league's elite aka guys the Brewers don't have the money to sign. Becoming such an offensive weapon may have put Sexson out of reach for the Brewers. I'd be all for bringing him back as he's my favorite Brewer since Yount, but can this team afford a "superstar"? At this point, re-signing Sexson may be about as difficult as signing Vlad, something nearly everyone here has labelled a pipe dream.

Here's one from the wildly improbable. The Expos in their continuing bid to win now yet strip down trade Vasquez and Sledge for Richie? Just kind of a spur of the moment idea without knowing how low their payroll will go it's hard to guess if that trade makes serious sense for the Expos, but it sure works for the Crew if the get Javier signed to an extension and Sledge fills that RF description Melvin was talking about.

Archived