Brewer Fanatic

9/24 Cardinals (Morris) @ Brewers (Kinney)

MassBrew

I didnt watch much of the game at all,i watched the Marlins/Philly game.Seeing the box score Kinney got jacked again,does anyone hold out hope that this guy has a future as even a semi-decent starter??

He started out nice,but for the most part he makes Jamey Wright look consistant.

The starting pitching has just been poor the whole month. Doug Davis is the only starter with an ERA less than 5 in September and Sheets is the only starter with a WHIP less than 1.5. You're simply not going to win with that kind of pitching.

Melvin has made a half-hearted excuse pointing to Jenkins' injury. And, yes, they have missed him. But, they've played real teams and have a staff ERA close to 5.8 and I think that makes their record in September a pretty good indication of the state of the team. Jenkins maybe turns 1 of those losses into a win. Maybe.

Robert

I was at the game tonight. I am really glad Scott Podsednik got the curtain call after the homerun. I actually thought he should have gotten a standing ovation even just coming to the plate for that last at-bat. But I guess better late than never.

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/other/ajay.jpg

Clancy, with all due respect, that's fiction. On what basis do you think Jenkins would have made a difference, singlehandedly, of four to six games in a month and a half? If you extend that to a full season, then Jenkins -- singlehandedly -- is about twenty wins better than Brady Clark. So you're saying that a healthy Jenkins, alone, can make the difference between losing 100 games and finishing at .500? Please explain.

Greg.

Heck, Jenkins hasn't even missed 6 weeks. He got hurt in Cincinatti on August 28. And the Brewers went 4 and 2 in the next 6 games through September 3. They're 4 and 15 since and only 4 of those losses have been decided by 1 run. And they've averaged nearly 6.7 runs per game given up in that span. They could have replaced Jenkins with Barry Bonds and they'd still have a poor record for the month of September with that pitching performance.

Robert

Please explain.

Greg you are new here so I'll cut you some slack, but you will learn never, ever, under any circumstances ask clancyphile to explain. The surgeon General has issued a warning already that reading clancyphile explanations can lead to higher levels of suicide and masochism. Don't. Never. Stop. Please.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
In their absolute HEYDEY's guys like Ruth, Gehrig, Mantle, and now Bonds, Sosa and AROD, have been 8 to 10 wins above league average for their position in one season. By Clancy's math, that makes Jenkins TWICE the player ANY of those guys were. Of course, that ought to make Scoop happy, despite the fact that Jenkins isn't even the Brewers best hitter this year, (Kieshcnik!!!!!) He's good for 3 more wins EVERY 2 WEEKS, than if they didn't have him in the lineup. WOW.

Archived