Brewer Fanatic

9/23 Cardinals (Williams) @ Brewers (Sheets)

DuWayne Steurer

For those of you watching on TV, those bucketheads are much more interesting than the game.

The bucketheads are getting more clever with their costumes each week.

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/other/ajay.jpg

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
God what a boring game. At least I was able to score good tix.....second row behind home. Sheets really likes to hang that curve when he's ahead in the count. Matheny was just sitting on that pitch.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The Bucketheads bring a fun atmosphere to the game, and could be a really fun tradition getting started here. At the same time I want the Buckethead leaders to go. There was no legit baseball talk in the entire broadcast. Granted the Crew didn't give them much to work with. Maybe if they were allowed to tell the truth about how bad the team is without sugar coating everything over. They spent almost the entire night laughing at their own dumb jokes about people in the stands. At one point, they were so busy circling people and laughing at the crowd that I missed the first 2 strikes of a count and only caught the last second of the pop fly off of the first pitch.

Isn't it possible to get a September call up for announcers?

I realize we don't have a murder's row lineup. However, Woody Williams PITCHED an extremely good game last night. I emphasize the word because he rarely topped out at 9l, usually 88-89. However, he was able to keep our hitters off stride by mixing speeds and locations. The most amazing part to me was our absolute inability to pull a guy throwing in that range. I would say no more than five balls were hit into the outfield on the pull side. Our batters were constantly fouling off pitches in the opposite direction.

I forgot to add one other observation from last night's game. Richie Sexson made an outstanding defensive play in the hole on Vina in the fifth inning. It seems like he makes such a play almost every night I go to a game. The Brewers would do well to keep a Sexson defensive reel available as well when they market him this offseason.

Archived