Brewer Fanatic

9/19/03 - Diamondbacks (Johnson) @ Brewers (Davis)

GenoSeligPrieb

Pretty funny and ironic listening to a very detailed and extensive Corey Hart interview while Wes Helms was striking out with runners in scoring position for the third consecutive AB tonight....

Except for the truly ridiculous LOB follies of the Brewers tonight, this is a heck of a game...

> Nance Sucks, I don't give a hoot how many scoreless innings he pitched in Indy, this isn't triple A. (It just seems that way with Mark Smith, Jason Conti, and Pete Z playing every day.) <

Geez, was I wrong? Al? Shane Nance is not a major league caliber pitcher. I caught Ueck's call tonight of Finley's homer and he was almost apathetic in his call. He didn't even give the score since he knew the mini-man had blown another one. Go back to AAA or Independent ball Shane. Until you get an arm like Billy Wagner you just aren't going to cut it up in the majors. Hell I am 5'9 1/2 and knew over 20 years ago I didn't have a prayer. lol! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

Burnitz is now hitting .244 with an on-base percentage of .307. I am sure playing in Miller Park will help his stats a little, but I personally don't want him back. He is just getting older and less productive. He has struggled each of the last three seasons and he his long slumps are extremely frustrating. I don't think he liked it here anyway.

Let's move on.

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/other/ajay.jpg

Acquiring Kendall and bringing Burnitz back would be a good next step for the Crew.

Harold, I mean this in the nicest way possible.

LIVE IN THE NOW!!!

We stunk with Burnitz when he was good, we'll stink even more now that he's on his last legs.

Katuluu

I am living in the now - the Brewers need a #5 hitter and a right fielder. Burnitz can still do that - he's still good for 35 homers and 95-100 RBI a year, and he still provides good defense in right field, and Wes Helms should be able to provide him with some protection in the lineup.

Vander Wal and Clark cannot provide that sort of production in right field or batting fifth. It may take money, but Burnitz would make this team better. If Kendall can also be acquired... the Brewers would have a legitimate shot at the division title.

he's still good for 35 homers and 95-100 RBI a year

No he's not Harold. He hasn't hit 35 homeruns since 1998, and that is the only time he topped that mark. He hasn't had 100 RBI's since 2001. He's OBOP has been awful for the past two years, and he has been absolutely awful in LA, and only had one good half season in NY. He can't do what you think he can, if he was ever able to.

Burnitz can still do that - he's still good for 35 homers and 95-100 RBI a year,

And Jose Canseco could still put up MVP-caliber numbers, if only the man weren't holding him down. The thought of Burnitz putting up those numbers is about as ridiculous as when Cory Feldman claimed he has the ability to win a ton of Oscars, and just needed another chance. Burnitz at this stage is VDW with more strikeouts, lower OBP and a few more homers with a better arm, nothing more.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Even when Burnitz wasn't hitting, he used to draw a lot of walks and his OBP was always still pretty good. Last I checked this year it was a sizzling .307, to go with that stellar .244 BA. Same Burnie, different year: a good solid first half, followed by a dismal 2nd half that finds him hovering at .230 by the end of the year. I'll pass.

Archived