Brewer Fanatic

04/05/04 Brewers (Sheets) @ Cardinals (Morris)

squarepusher
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ben's change-up looked good for the most part. Great movement and accurate. His problem today was his out pitch. He was up on batters all day but just about every better Moeller wanted a fastball chest high. At least something that gives the batters pause and maybe they chase it. But it doesn't do Ben any good to throw a fastball over the guy's head. Completely wasted pitch and he did it all day. Maybe he was just jacked and that's why everything was up.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

clancy, his curve looks like it's breaking really nice, he's just leaving it up, which he had a tendency to do last year as well.

I really wonder if there IS something to the "lack of focus" talk we've been hearing about Mr. Sheets lately. Grooved one to the #8 hitter (Matheny) with a runner on 3rd, and left one hanging to the pitcher Morris that got crushed.

A few quick comments . . .

Ben Ford looks very composed and relaxed on the mound. He didn't panic with the runners on base.

Kudos to Yost for putting in Brady Clark to play defense in right field. He made a difficult catch in the corner.

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/2004/04/02/sYosatbJ.gif

It's early, but it's nice to have Luis back.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

What's our magic number?
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I was kind of hoping we'd knock Morris out and have Larussa burn his pen early and help set us up for a nice advantage in the final game ofthe series, but having him keep Morris in to get shelled was plenty rewarding. 1st place is very nice if only for a day. Grieve saving the superflous spring training HRs for opening day was quality. Now we've got Williams vs. Davis which is an advantage to them, but after that it's their garbage vs. our garbage so who knows.

Not the prettiest thing but i'll take it. So much for this team being gritty and hitting alot of doubles. 5 runs thanks to the long ball. If Luis and Danny keep it up we might have only 7 innings to worry about. Some encouraging things, but i'm worried about Sheets. He's gotta get the curve ball down.

Tomorrow's game should be interesting. Doug Davis can hopefully stay solid. It should be interesting to see how this lefty dominated lineup does against a south paw. I doubt Clark will start with the day Grieve had, but maybe billy hall will get some play over counsel.

Archived