Brewer Fanatic

Reid Nichols on 1530 am with Hoffy...

Bob Hoffmaster (sp?) had Reid on yesterday afternoon. Talked about several minor league players. LaPorta to WV when he's done in AZ. Mentioned the sudden influx of catching into the organization. Specifically, he raved about LuCroy. Said (I'm paraphrasing) that the C position went from desolate to pretty well stocked with LuCroy, Salome, Palmisano, Estrada, etc. He raved about Darren Ford. Called him the fastest baseball player he has EVER SEEN. Compared his 1st to 3rd speed to Willie Wilson. He really talked up the fact that this 2nd wave of players (3rd really) that includes Ford, Cain, Salome, Palmisano, etc really has a chance to be special.

Overall, a very good interview. Hoffy does a good job of getting guests on his show. Talks a lot of Brewers.

Ye gods . . . I don't know the Milwaukee radio personalities, so for a minute I thought you meant Hoffy who used to post here. I was envisioning questions to Nichols about which Brewer farmhands were "anti-clutch."

Greg.

Phew, that was a close one... I thought Reid Nichols was going to have to hear about "Vroom OnCracken", "Sabre-toothed Mathematicians", "the boys" at "bs.net", and trying to convince everyone how his banning from Brewerfan.net was the biggest scandal since Watergate.

Is that the 1530 AM in Oshkosh?... It's cool that he gets brewerfan-ish guests for the show, instead of people who just trot out cliches.

Ooops, my bad. A little background on this am radio sports jock...he used to partner with Chuck Freemund (now of 1570 in ******on) and Hoffy's his show is pretty low-rent, but he's got a ton of WI sports connections. He has a lot of guests on and routinely pimps brewerfan.net.

Other Brewers-related guests that I've heard on the show include Jack Z, Larry Hisle, among others.

Easily my favorite Nichols comment was that he thought Darren Ford is the fastest player that he's EVER seen. I mean how many players (HS, college and pro) has Reid scouted???? That's some pretty high praise.

wow, I just noticeed this too and the old poster was also my first thought. I kind of enjoyed him even though he was very frustrating and judgmental. Actually, that might make him perfect for talk radio. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived