Brewer Fanatic

04/08/04 Brewers (Capuano) @ Cardinals (Suppan)

squarepusher
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I edited the earlier post, but I'll repeat here:

Grieve is batting ninth (Capuano's old spot), and is due up second in the top of the eighth. Burba is batting seventh, in Brady Clark's old spot.

Ned's going to try to run up the score.

--

Now, seeing as the Cards have plunked TWO Brewers, it is WAY PAST TIME for the Brewers to return the favor.

EDIT:

I think LaRussa's put McKay in...

BATTING PRACTICE!

That double switch made no sense. If he wanted to do that Clark could have hit, then bring in Grieve and Burba...Burba for Clark and Grieve for Capuano...we wasted Hall and gave up an at bat with Clark...who was having a decent day.

I disagree that Yost should order a plunking...let's play with some class and not stoop to Larussa like play...we are kickin their ass and we need to win the game...not worry about a HBP..it is a long season and there will be a game to do that....when we are LOSING...not winning

Obviously, I agree with Clancy. I guarantee that around the league, no one will think that it's classless to hit someone after having two of your guys hit. They will think that you are weak if you don't respond, though.

Clancy...

What does playing Clemens and the Astros this weekend have anything to do with this game and the Cardinals plunking our hitters? You pitch inside, sometimes you hit a guy. That is reality. What I am saying is that the Cardinals have a big offense and you want to win the game, not give them a baserunner and get them fired up. We play the Cardinals in Milwaukee soon enough and we will eventually lose big to them...give them a plunking then...and I vote for Edmonds as well...cocky SOB

Why is it weak NOT to hit a guy. Seems to me that would be the stronger thing to do...easy to do what everyone expects...some unwritten law? Win the game guys...I guarantee you that is in YOST's mind...and I'm very glad he is managing this team and not you two.

gfwisco

Amen to that. Of course, these days, the umps will toss a pitcher who DOES respond.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

shelmark

Why should the Crew let another team push them around?

They can't let other teams intimidate them. That's asking for trouble later on.

Obviously, with your reply, it doesn't pay for me to explain my feelings so I won't try. We will agree to disagree. If you think that there aren't unwritten rules about this stuff then I guess you are right.

FYI, I also don't believe that everyone in little league should get a trophy to make them feel good and I also feel that a score should be kept to see who wins and who loses.

I actually agree with Shelmark to some extent.

Were it not for one bad inning, we'd be on the verge of sweeping the Cardinals right now; assuming we win today, we'll have as many wins against them in 2004 as we did in 2003. Why give them any sort of moral victory? LaRussa is going to call for the occasional HBP; always has, always will. I rather like leaving St. Louis this afternoon, with the Cardinals wondering what just happened, rather than thinking about retaliation the next time we face them.

Doesn't mean that the next time we face St. Louis, Pujols won't be getting a fastball to the ribs....just means that they can't take a single positive from this series, and their bullpen is in dire need of rest going into Arizona.

Maybe they should've gone to McKay earlier; he's the only Cards pitcher to record back-to-back scoreless innings all day!

gfwisc and clancy...

URGENT MEMO AROUND THE LEAGUE.. FROM THE CARDINALS

..."Sure they kicked our ass on the scoreboard but they are weak, we got to hit 3 of their batters and they didn't even respond! So what if they won 3 of 4 from us... hey we are tougher. So, just go ahead and plunk them, even if you end up giving up 11 runs"...I hope that memo makes it to Houston too.

The Crew is 3-1. We did real good. If it weren't for one rough outing by Adrian Hernandez, the Crew would be headed into Miller Park this year UNDEFEATED.

As it is, we're tops in the NL Central. We're going up against an Astros club in a slow start.

It looks like the Crew has at least one win (Sheets vs. Redding) - possibly two (if Obermueller can outduel Wade Miller). A sweep would be icing on the cake.

I don't have a good feeling about Obermueller tomorrow but I'll still be there cheering him on. Whe do we have to get our money in for the playoff tickets to get the same seats as our season tickets?http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

p.s. If they're anything like the Packer season tickets, the money would have to be in next week. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

Wow do the Cards look like they are in serious trouble or what? It's hardly time to panic or anything, but you just got your but handed to you and your dicey pitching looks absolutely diced with no hope for rest on the horizon until the next off day. I guess they can take solace in the fact that none of the top division talent has started off quickly, but I can only imagine some serious consideration is being made on roster moves already isn't it? I feel much less confident about the Astros series, since with their pitchers it feels like you have less of a fighting chance.

Taking three out of four from the Cards, and going up against a team that the Crew took two of four in the last series of the season...

Obermueller is going up against Wade Miller. If he pitches as well as Capuano did, the Crew could easily win two of three.

Archived