Brewer Fanatic

04/08/04 Brewers (Capuano) @ Cardinals (Suppan)

squarepusher
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PETA will probably be outside Miller Park tomorrow, protesting abuse of the Cardinals at the hands of the Brewers. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

EDIT: Simontacchi goes to 3-0 on Ginter...

Following the Crew is getting to be a lot of fun.

EDIT 2: Simontacchi walks Ginter.

Can't say I blame him.

The Brewers have seen 145 pitches through 6 innings. 200 pitches is within reach. Wow. Just awesome.

Edit: Thanks, Scotty Po, for the correction. My calculator must be broken http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

Still, 200 is within reach.

Is it just me, or have the Cardinals Corner OFs been terrible in the field this whole series? Both of Jenkins' triples came off of misplayed diving attempts; either of them could have been held to singles if the fielders just kept the ball in front of them. I vaguely recall Cedeno misplaying another ball in left, I think in game 2. And So Taguchi's misplay of Moeller's hit last inning just lead to two more runs.

To be fair, Podsednik overran a ball & had it hit him in the heel of the glove, then bounce out, and Grieve misplayed one ball. Still, I would expect better out of the Cardinals.

One thing for sure, the Cardinal pitching staff has been tagged pretty hard this whole series.

The outfield defense would not be a factor if they had kept the Brewers from getting very solid contact.

But it's not working out that way for them, is it?

*insert evil grin*

EDIT:

Yet ANOTHER hit for Podsednik. FOUR HITS!

If you look at the Cardinals Bullpen, they might actually be running short of pitching right now!

They have 7 guys in the bullpen, 5 of them worked yesterday. The sixth is Simontacci, who's already been knocked out of the game today. The seventh is Isringhausen, who you wouldn't think LaRussa would use for more than the 9th inning.

We just might see Cody McKay, who's warming up in the bullpen right now, according to Powell.

I just hope they can keep up this level of plate discipline all year! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Probably a double-switch to pull Capuano, who's thrown 96 pitches.

EDIT:

Yep. Dave Burba in for Capuano and batting in Brady Clark's 7 spot, with Ben Grieve taking over in right, and batting 9th (he is due up second in the top of the 8th).

Ned's trying to run up the score.

Archived