Brewer Fanatic

6/1/05 Brewers (Davis) @ Padres (Lawrence) 9:05 CST

ja002h
I know I'm probably overreacting, but does anyone else wonder if Turnbow is a bonafide major league closer? I just don't feel comfortable with him closing out a close game. Guys seem to be able to connect with his fastball a little too easily and when they do it goes a long way.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Santana...yet ANOTHER gem for Melvin. Though I'm still a Turbo fan. And I actually knew that it wasn't a save situation. I didn't know what I was thinking. But I'm sure Santana will take it. But Santana might have solidified his spot as the set-up man... That'd make him the first!

Oh man. Even after we win I can't feel too excited. The moment the ball left Blum's bat I knew it was gone. It was as if some invisible force just grabbed the ball and knocked it into Jenkins' glove. I can't believe we were *this* close to blowing this game.

What the hell was wrong with Turnbow? Credit to Yost for showing he has learned something the past few weeks in taking DT out and putting Santana in. Two weeks ago Ned would have waited until the game was tied to make a move.

Nice to get the win although I sure as hell wish it ended a lot more smoothly. Let's get two in a row tomorrow.

Santana...yet ANOTHER gem for Melvin. Though I'm still a Turbo fan. And I actually knew that it wasn't a save situation. I didn't know what I was thinking. But I'm sure Santana will take it. But Santana might have solidified his spot as the set-up man... That'd make him the first!

Archived