Brewer Fanatic

6/3/05 Brewers (Capuano) @ Dodgers (Cobain..Oops!...Weaver)

It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta start a game thread.

And yes, Jeff Weaver, with his squinty eyes and unkempt long blonde hair, DOES resemble the late Nirvana icon, doesn't he?

All he needs is a nasty, combative wife like Mrs. Quevedo, and he's in...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yes, Jeff Weaver, with his squinty eyes and unkempt long blonde hair, DOES resemble the late Nirvana icon, doesn't he?

http://llc.fanball.com/fanball/images/story/5066.jpg

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2004/04/04/kurt_cobain,0.jpg

Yep.

~Bill

Each game Capuano comes out and pitches well, I get closer to being won over on him....and subsequently view the Sexson trade more positively. I have a feeling he will pitch another great game.

And for the record, Brady Clark officially won me over last night, when he showed that he's got a little fire to him with the umpire's bad call.

Long story short: I was delayed flying down to my dad's place in Fla at the Innisbrook golf resort. We missed our tee time by 30 minutes so we went off the back nine. When we got to the tee there was a group on the tee. A little guy, David Wells, Roger Clemens and Jeff Weaver. We talked it up with them and the only one friendly at all was Wells. The cocktail girl told us they were not tipped once by them. Clemens can really hit it, Wells didn't look like a slob on the golf course and Weaver had absolutely no personality. A bit of a brush with fame but not worth it so....

Let's get after Weaver!

Where in the heck do you find the lineups for the game? I dunno. Iwanted to put it up, but alas, I am unable to provide for you.

But hey, at this point I don't care. I went to the Dr today for my back. I was told that I damaged a disc and to "take this" for the pain.

VIcadin and some Valume. I'm took it earlier and just wanna relax to the game.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Seeing as Bill and Daron are wearing party hats and dancin' shoes courtesy of the GoodFeet store tonight rather than broadcast the game, what are the chances that Vin Scully ends up being blacked out on MLB Extra Innings?

I'm hoping it's 0%... Usually they're generous when this sort of thing happens, but I'll be throwing stuff if they do. I can't wait to see what color suit Vin is wearing. My guess is beige with a gold hankerchief to match his tie.

Vin Scully is a treat. An at bat by any player is like an FBI briefing of their background. I look forward to learning what Cappy's favorite type of pizza is.

MILWAUKEE LA DODGERS AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Brady Clark CF .341 6 24 Cesar Izturis SS .339 1 20 Jeff Cirillo 3B .283 1 8 Jason Repko RF .231 4 9 Geoff Jenkins RF .258 5 21 J.D. Drew CF .263 9 26 Carlos Lee LF .264 13 46 Jeff Kent 2B .255 10 39 Lyle Overbay 1B .296 7 28 Olmedo Saenz 1B .345 6 26 Bill Hall 2B .300 4 18 Jayson Werth LF .188 0 3 Damian Miller C .290 2 13 Antonio Perez 3B .429 1 5 J.J. Hardy SS .177 0 11 Jason Phillips C .277 3 27 Chris Capuano LHP .087 0 1 Jeff Weaver RHP .280 0 3 (4-4, 3.01) (5-4, 5.70)

Thanks Ja002h, did ya get Jennifer Aniston to return any of your calls yet?

On a side note, the Brewers really need to win tonight, today is our daughter's 2nd birthday. I mean just look at her! How can ya not battle for an entire ballgame for such a cutie?

http://www.teamresell.com/jamie/rachelcake-1.jpg

Thank God Spivey isn't playing. Don't we have a great record when he sits out? It's pretty sad that he is so crappy that Yost can't stomach putting him in the lineup when this time should be used to showcase him for a trade.

Oh by the way, cute baby.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Ya know- I honestly thought that I'd get this game with my baseball package since the Brewers are not televising it. I was looking forward to Vin Scully call a game against my team. I tuned in, it's blacked out, and I'm disappointed.

Archived