Brewer Fanatic

6/2/05 Brewers (Big Ben) @ Dodgers (Thompson) 9:10 CST

You know, it's not so much the fact that Jenkins didn't come through in the 9th, but it's just how pathetic he looked. It was as if he had made up his mind that he was going to swing at the first three pitches no matter what....and after two straight walks!

Geoff's been a great Brewer over the course of his career but I certainly wouldn't shed a tear if he never suited up for the Crew again.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, Jenkins couldn't hit Gagne's change-up.

Why was he hacking? Gagne couldn't find the zone, and Jenkins hacked away. He's an absolute lost cause, patience-wise, but for once couldn't he take a strike and work a count when necessary?

You wonder if Jenkins watches the game while he's in the on deck circle or if he's just lost in his own world.He stepped to the plate like Gagne had been throwing heaters right down the middle to the previous hitters.Then again that at bat wasn't anything uncommon,first pitch hacking at crap is what Jenkins is famous for.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Jenkins looks like Brett Favre.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Dear Geoff-

I know you could be reading this since you spend lots of time in the dugout and very little time on the bases and all, but I have an idea for you. -When a pitcher walks the two hitters before you, DON"T swing at the first pitch he offers you! You idiot! You hacked at 3 straight pitches and they were not even close to being strikes! Alcoholics around a quarter barrel have more discipline than you! Every pitcher in the majors throws you worm burners and you swing at them! You couldn't hit the ground if you fell down! I can't believe I thought you were getting hot! AAAUGHHHHHH!!!!!!

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote:
Dear Geoff-

I know you could be reading this since you spend lots of time in the dugout and very little time on the bases and all, but I have an idea for you. -When a pitcher walks the two hitters before you, DON"T swing at the first pitch he offers you! You idiot! You hacked at 3 straight pitches and they were not even close to being strikes! Alcoholics around a quarter barrel have more discipline than you! Every pitcher in the majors throws you worm burners and you swing at them! You couldn't hit the ground if you fell down! I can't believe I thought you were getting hot! AAAUGHHHHHH!!!!!!

But Jamie, Geoff is the leader of this team, and has earned the right to completley hack at every pitch he sees! That is why we pay him 8 million dollars! I mean, we all know the time is coming that he is going to carry this team on his back! Right? He has carried this team to multiple last place finishes!

End of sarcastic rant. Jenkins is terrible, and until he is not placed on a pedastel above the rest, this team is going to be mediocre at best.

Alcoholics around a quarter barrel have more discipline than you!

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

Jenkins would say, "Nawwww, I'm doing just fine." Seriously, I've never heard him admit that he's ever been on a cold streak, much less admit he stinks.

And yes, if he was making $2-3 mil I'd say he's fine, but he makes $8 so he SUCKS.

I can't believe that Jenkins after seeing Gagne walk two straight swing and miss at three straight pitches in the dirt. I think they should sit his ass tonight and start Krynzel. I also have never seen Brady argue with an umpire like that, he is usually so calm. Oh nd one more thing Krynzel got hosed on that called third strike.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived