Brewer Fanatic

6/2/05 Brewers (Big Ben) @ Dodgers (Thompson) 9:10 CST

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attanasio said on ESPN that the Brewers had considered bringing up Prince instead of Krynzel because of a need for a DH in upcoming interleague games. He also said that Anthony Gwynn was in those discussions, however I wonder if he just said it because he was sitting next to Tony Gwynn. Attanasio seems to be on top of the minor league stats.

I see that Casey has done a much better job in writing about the interview. When I started this, the other post wasn't up yet.

Your ace cruises through 3 innings. He gives up a couple of back-to back homers with 2 outs in the 4th. He still has good stuff in the 5th despite giving up the tying run.

I'm sorry, but I have no problem bringing him out for the 6th. Drew got a fastball and hit it out to make it 5-3. Tip your hat to Drew. Take Sheets out and hope you can score 2 more runs to get him off the hook.

You people would bash Yost if the team won 110 games. Sheets is their ace. You dont pull an ace in a 3-3 game in the 6th inning. Get a clue.

You people would bash Yost if the team won 110 games. Sheets is their ace. You dont pull an ace in a 3-3 game in the 6th inning. Get a clue.

He wasn't exactly "cruising". He was up in the zone all night, and there was no reason to throw back-to-back heaters to Drew - he's one of the best hitters in the league. It was a bad move. Wise could have easily come in and thrown two innings.

Sheets is the man. He was dealing tonight until he left a couple up. I doubt anyone thought Sheets was going to no-hit the Dodgers like he was when he was dominating. Now it's up ot the lineup to get him out of this jam because he doesn't deserve the loss (though he didn't deserve the last one either) and he certainly doesn't deserve the amount of criticism piled upon him tonight.

I'd argue that Ben was pitching well through the fourth (even despite giving up the two jacks), but he totally lost it in the fifth inning. It was obvious he wasn't getting his curve over, and was telegraphing fastballs after he couldn't find the zone with them. He's our ace, yes, but you have to pull your ace when he's struggling, which he obviously was in the fifth. Never should have gone out for the sixth. Anyone who has seen Sheets pitch in the past should know this.

Compounding this Yost ineptitude was not pinch hitting Overbay for Helms when Carrera came in, but oh well.

Just got in and its seems to be an underwhelming performance by the Crew, well at least Chad's average has grown to a robust .127!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

One other thing Mark mentioned was that he feels no sense of hesitation or buyer's remorse regarding Sheets' long term deal.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Nedley needs to go defend his player there. Clark had a legitimate beef with that call and was arguing with Diaz... Yost should have gone out and said something and protected Clark (who *never* argues with umpires).

~Bill

Archived