Brewer Fanatic

6/2/05 Brewers (Big Ben) @ Dodgers (Thompson) 9:10 CST

Late Night baseball continues this week as the Crew faces the Dodgers. L.A. was just swept by the Cubs (blah) and will sacrifice Derek Thompson against "Big Ben" Sheets.

MIL: RHP Ben Sheets

? 1-4, 3.62 ERA in 2005

? 1-0, 1.29 ERA vs. LAD in 2004

@

LAD: LHP Derek Thompson

? 0-0, 3.60 ERA in 2005

? Has never faced MIL

Lefty Derek Thompson will make his second career start for the Dodgers. In his first start May 28, Thompson allowed two runs in five innings in Arizona, picking up a no-decision. The Brewers are just 5-10 against southpaw starters this season, ranking second to last in the National League.

The Brewers will counter with 2004 All-Star Ben Sheets, who has picked up only one win this year in five starts. Sheets struck out a franchise-record 264 men last season and is 2-3 with a 3.21 ERA in six career starts against the Dodgers.

Ned Yost said Sheets would probably throw between 90-100 in Thursday's outing.

Quote:
"Hopefully we can keep this going into L.A. I'm sure the Padres would like that." -- Jenkins, after the Brewers held off the first-place Padres on Wednesday.

Geoff Jenkins enjoyed his third multi-RBI game of the season on Wednesday night and drove in more than two runs for the first time. It could be a sign that the right fielder is headed for one of his patented hot streaks

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

L.A. was just swept by the Cubs

Remember, don't just say "L.A." It's either LAD or LAA. Or if you're Uecker, the O.C. Angels. (I love how he and Jim refuse to use the new name for that franchise in Anaheim, or L.A., or Orange County, or Disneyland, or wherever the heck it is.)

Go Brewers! (of Milwaukee)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Too bad this wont be on ESPN.

I'm lucky enough to have two tickets to the game on Sunday.

Right Field, 2nd Row, Right next to the Visitors 'Pen.

Oh and the tickets were 6 bucks!

Although, if i remember correctly, it will be obie/glove in that game.. maybe i'm not lucky

Anyway, today... Does anyone else think that Sheets like pitching on the West Coast?

Perhaps Brady Clark can pass Cesar Izturis on the hits list with Ben holding off the defensive whiz and Brady pounding the spot-starter. Here's hoping that Sheets proves to be the gem we saw in the Astros game. OH! And here's also hoping Sheets poisons Spivey so he can't be his 2B tonight. :-) I'd actually like to see Cirillo start at 2B with Helms at 3B tonight. Give both Hall and Spivey the nights off.

MILWAUKEE LA DODGERS AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Brady Clark CF .342 6 24 Cesar Izturis SS .345 1 20 Jeff Cirillo 3B .291 1 8 Antonio Perez 3B .422 1 5 Geoff Jenkins RF .265 5 21 J.D. Drew CF .257 7 23 Carlos Lee LF .268 13 46 Jeff Kent 2B .254 9 38 Bill Hall SS .286 4 18 Ricky Ledee LF .287 2 16 Junior Spivey 2B .236 4 15 Jayson Werth RF .172 0 3 Wes Helms 1B .279 1 3 Hee Seop Choi 1B .254 6 20 Chad Moeller C .100 1 4 Jason Phillips C .276 3 26 Ben Sheets RHP .000 0 0 Derek Thompson LHP .000 0 0 (1-4, 3.62) (0-0, 3.60) 

9:00 p.m will go dow in history as one of the stupidest moments of Brewer Broadcasting. Bill Schroeder just did thecorniest intro I've ever seen. The Bill Schroeder/Darron Sutton duo has sunk to a new low.

Is anyone else having major delays with the ez boards tonight?

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Vs LHP

Jenkins : .228-.340-.329

Overbay : .200-.250-.356

I know Overbay struggles agains lefty this year, but I want to see him play everyday. Are Helms and Overbay PLATOONING at first base this year? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

Verified Member

I am watching it on MLB.TV and we are getting the Dodgers broadcast with Vin Scully. It's a real treat to listen to Scully. The man is a legend.

So what exactly did Bill Schroeder do?

By the way, Dodger Stadium is gorgeous. I love that place. I have been to a few Brewers games there, and there is just something neat about it.

3 years Splits, OPS:

---------------------------------

Overbay vs Lefties: 827

Overbay vs Righties: .826

Jenkins vs Lefties: .677

Jenkins vs Righties: .896

What does genius Yost decide? Well, Overbay obviously can't hit lefties (he's left handed after all!). Jenkins is OBVIOUSLY an everyday player. I mean, he's a superstar!

Smart guy, realllly smart.

Archived