Brewer Fanatic

6/05/05 Brewers (Obie-wan) @ Dodgers (Penny) 3:10 CST

Ummm... OK! Here we go! Let's see if we can get more than just one run today, I that'd be nice.

After a dismal stint in San Diego, upstart right-hander Wes Obermueller will try to get back on track in time to pitch the Brewers to a win in their series finale in Los Angeles.

He pitched so well in place of injured ace Ben Sheets that Obermueller warranted a permanent spot in the starting rotation when Sheets returned. But in his first start since the vote of confidence, Obermueller threw 55 pitches -- just 22 of them for strikes -- and was tagged with three earned runs on three hits and five walks in 2 2/3 innings. It was a step back for the right-hander, who had given up one earned run in his previous 14 innings, spanning two starts.

The Dodgers will counter with right-hander Brad Penny, who has a 1.25 ERA in his last three starts, but no decisions to show for it. He is 1-2 lifetime against the Brewers with a 5.19 ERA in four starts.

MIL: RHP Wes Obermueller

? 1-0, 3.00 ERA in 2005

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was Obermueller in his typical pattern. Today he'll probably come out and throw well. We've known he gets results when he's aggressive and pounding the zone. When he nibbles, he gets no calls and is forced to serve a few in there.

Usual suspects, minus Spivey, thankfully.
 MILWAUKEE LA DODGERS AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Brady Clark CF .338 6 24 Oscar Robles SS .233 0 1 Jeff Cirillo 3B .272 1 8 Antonio Perez 2B .400 1 7 Geoff Jenkins RF .255 5 21 J.D. Drew CF .270 10 27 Carlos Lee LF .265 14 50 Jeff Kent 1B .270 11 40 Lyle Overbay 1B .288 7 28 Olmedo Saenz 3B .341 7 27 Bill Hall 2B .297 5 21 Jayson Werth LF .205 0 4 Damian Miller C .285 2 13 Jason Repko RF .217 4 9 J.J. Hardy SS .171 0 11 Mike Rose C .000 0 0 Wes Obermueller RHP .200 0 0 Brad Penny RHP .125 0 0 (1-0, 3.00) (2-2, 3.18) 

What's going on? It's a day game after a night game! Why isn't Moeller in there? Come on Ned, I need my fix of high fastballs on every 2 strike pitch Obie and Co throws and countless breaking stuff for Turnbow should we have a lead in the 9th!

Where's the consistancy Ned? Geez....

It's nice to get on the board and all, but I'm not a huge fan of the small ball in the 1st inning. How much good does it really do to get it to Carlos and Overbay with nobody on and 2 outs?

I agree, No need for small ball this early unless you got to aces on the mound.

Just thought I'd bring this up. If we lose today the Pirates will overtake us at thrid place in the standings. What is up with those guys anyway, winning series against teams like Florida and Atlanta. What happened to the Pirates who laid down for us at the beginning of the season.

Archived