Brewer Fanatic

5/31/05 Brewers (Obie-1) @ Padres (Peavy) 9:05 CST

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Wow is it too late to package some of our fringe guys like Hendrickson and a bat for a starter.

I think they need a catcher or another upgrade at the plate more than another starter.

Plus, why not give Hendrickson a chance fail before just throwing him away. The Brewers have far too many minor league options for the back end of the rotation to be thinking about trading for one.

Why the hell does our offense go in the tank when our pitchers are on and the pitching turns to crap when we score some runs? Back to back 2-1 losses as well as a 9-6 loss to Houston and 8-4 tonight. I know the Brewers aren't a great team and never expected them to contend, but it's trends like this that make ordinary losses that much harder to take.

The Brewers have one half inning to get back in this game or I'm out.

Falkenborg is pretty good. Check out his career stats:

thebaseballcube.com/playe...borg.shtml

Last year's meltdown sticks out like a sore thumb (or knee, as that is apparently what was wrong with him).

I wouldn't mind giving him a chance as a fifth starter... he's gotta be better than Darrell May - the Pads should give him a shot.

~Bill

I'm willing to spot Obie a mulligan on this one as he has been pitching very well, but watching he and Glover remind me of something John Madden always says about having two quarterbacks or two tailbacks. Madden says if you have two qb or two tb you really don't have any. I think this applies to our 5th starter situation. BTW, Mike Adams line at AAA tonight, 2 IP and nothing given up, with 3 K. Absolutely a shamockery that he is in the minors and Glover is in the majors. I know, I know, options...but hey there is a reason guys like Glover don't have options...they suck and can't stick in the majors on one team. Glover reminds me of Phelps, you look at his stats in media guide and can find no logical reason why this guy has an mlb job.

That just sums up the Brewers-- a strikeout on Greene and he is now standing on 2nd because of BAD baseball by the Brew Crew.

You were saying... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Nice turn and throw there by Miller to atone for his error.

Runs, lets get some now.

~Bill

Glover reminds me of Phelps, you look at his stats in media guide and can find no logical reason why this guy has an mlb job.

What stats are you looking at of Phelps? The guy had an ERA as a reliever coming into this season of under 2.50. If it weren't for the Marlins stupid idea of starting him, his career line would look great. Phelps can pitch. I agree with you on Glover, though.

Archived