Brewer Fanatic

06/06/05 Yankees (Johnson) @ Brewers (Davis) 7:05 CST

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ending was quite interesting to say the least. I'll take a win however we get it though.

Did I just hear correctly? Junior Spivey "tonight's hero of the game"? Nah, must just be the heat messing my head up......

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I just got back from the game, I have a few things to add:

1. Randy Johnson is a queen. All kinds of looks at the umpire and extra little walks around the rubber when things don't go his way. The stuff you hear about Johnson and Posada not being on the same page is probably true. Johnson always seems peeved when he steps off or has him come out to the mound.

2. The booing of Sheffield was well up to par. Nice job, fans. There were a lot of Yank fans there, but their cheering was generally drowned out by the boos, whether they were for Yankee players or Moeller screwing up.

3. Bernie Williams should retire. A ball was hit to him, and it was like he never even saw it.

4. They should seriously consider using the replay board to show some replays, not to mention learning how to work the radar gun and firing Sandy Max.

5. Nice catch Jenkins.

i just got back from the game, and consider me on the "fire chad moeller" bandwagon.

not only did he look overmatched in most of his at-bats, he seemed incapable of blocking the plate and keeping the ball in front of him. if we can't get have a catcher who can hit, can we at least get one who can catch?

Whew just got back too, what a game!

We were playing the betting game where we each picked 2 brewers (4 of us) and you get a dollar for a single, 2 for double etc... and a dollar for every RBI. And you payout a dollar for a strikeout. I had Carlos Lee and Jeff Cirillo; I ended up winning about 45$! good night for me

What do you mean about the radar gun not working? Because if you think it isn't working because it will read 40 sometimes; that is the speed of the throwback by the catcher/umpire. I've noticed that happen a lot.

Sandy Maxx is horrible. And the queer people on the Jumbo-tron for the 7th inning stretch were sadly my friends... I refused to partake in the Sandy Maxx gathering though.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I was at the game as well. In short:

Chad Moeller is just not seeing the ball AT ALL. He was so out if front or so far behind it wasn't funny. Even on his one hit he was mismatched. I feel bad for him since he seems like a good guy, but something has to be done. But in his defense the two balls in the dirt were just awful pitches - Davis' especially.

Matsui didn't move on the two home runs

Bill Hall made a GREAT play to to turn the double play to end the bases loaded threat in the fifth(?) inning.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived