Brewer Fanatic

06/06/05 Yankees (Johnson) @ Brewers (Davis) 7:05 CST

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"See, I told you. Just let your battlers keep battling, 'cause we've got the grinders, the gamers, and the hard workers. Doug is a gamer, man, he's a grinder and he works hard. He battles. That's just another example of how great he's been for us, keeping us in games and getting the big out when he needs it."

~Ned Yost, continued

Are they trying to turn this into the longest game this season?

Well, it's the yankees. Although I don't think they're worthy of capitalization, it's probably a rule to maximize their media coverage in any way possible.

(This is the nicest thing I have said or thought about tonight's opponent all day.)

Sharpie could use a fresh dose of sharpitude.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
'Cause we've got the grinders

If some of our players are "grinders," do Chad Moeller and Wes Helms count as hoagies?

And if so, does that make the Brewers "Hoagies and grinders, hagies and grinders, Navy beans navy beans, meat loaf sandwich"

does that make the Brewers "Hoagies and grinders, hagies and grinders, Navy beans navy beans, meat loaf sandwich"

Helmses and Moellers, Helmses and Moellers, Magruders Magruders, Jeff Cirillo

So do we have to lay off Spivey now for the next week?

Maybe...if 4 runs holds up, and there are no, um, costly errors in the mid-infield tonight. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

Nice of Junior to give Sharpie a chance at the W.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

For today, Junior is 1-3 with a go ahead home run, and a nice double play to get out of a jam. Weeks is 0-4 with a walk, a strikeout with the bases loaded, and an error that cost a couple of runs. So for today, we keep Junior. As for tomorrow, well, things change quickly in this "What have you done for me lately" world of major league baseball.

Archived