Brewer Fanatic

(6/8/05): Yankees (Mussina) @ Brewers (Capuano) 7:05 PM

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK,

That *splat* noise you might have heard a little after 7:00 was the Brewers' momentum hitting the wall, juuuuuust about the time Wes committed that error.

Jim Powell claimed that the turning point in the game was the first pay-rod HR, but for once he is wrong. Big Wes gave the visitors the toehold they needed in the top of the first. Otherwise that would have been a quick first inning for Cap and the Evil Empire might have stayed in its funk. I can tell you the error took parts of the crowd right out of the game.

It's also possible that Steinbrenner might have resumed phoning in threats against the players and their families, pets or other loved ones - in order to relight the competitve fire under them. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Although my hatred for the yankees is fully restored (I won't even capitalize the word), I grudgingly admit that the visiting fans weren't nearly as obnoxious as Cub fans.

Also - props to the videoboard crew. Nice, nice touch to play the Darth Vader music while the yankees' starting lineup was announced.

Time to regroup.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Didn't get a chance to watch or listen to the game, and I'm too tired to scroll through this game thread tonight..so I apologize if this has already been mentioned. But yeah, I watched the replay of A-Rod's 400th HR, and saw that Miller Park gave him a standing ovation. Very good to see. Stay classy Milwaukee!

Wow, as bad as the game result was, that was the most fun I've had in awhile. Our seats (me, and about 6 other guys) were LF bleachers, section 238 to be exact. A-Rod's first (#399) landed precisely one row in front of us. The best part was, it scooted out of a Yankee fan's glove, right into the hands of a college age Brewer fan who promptly asked the crowd, "DO I THROW IT BACK?!?" and to the delight of 30 Brewers fans and the dismay of 15 (or so) Yankee fans, he gunned it back into LF.

Also, we were bombarded with calls saying that FSN was showing us everytime Lyle batted. We were the goofball teenagers carrying the cardboard "O's" out in left, taken directly from the Buckethead Brigade the night before. 'Twas a fun evening, too bad we couldn't bring back the sweep.

Archived