Brewer Fanatic

(6/8/05): Yankees (Mussina) @ Brewers (Capuano) 7:05 PM

Quote:
I think getting cash for Spivey might be good enough. Maybe the Yankees have a low or medium prospect in AA that would be acceptable also. Just getting rid of him is all that really matters. People keep saying that having too many players for the infield is "a good problem to have." I think that's a load of crap.

If Hall goes into the tank and/or Hardy gets banged up trying to turn a DP, we're going to wish we had extra bodies not named "Durrington". http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the life of me I can not figure out why so many people on this site hate Bill Hall. The kid is 25 years old, was rushed to the majors, is very versitile, and has a pretty good bat. He has committed ZERO (0) errors playing shortstop this year and with the exception of Lee and Clark has been the third biggest cog in our offense. He has been much better this year about working the count and taking walks and has shown improvement in the field. I am not saying JJ isn't the future at short, but don't get mad a Billy for being in the lineup. Billy should never sit in favor Spivey or Helms, I don't care the situation. Be mad at Yost for running Spivey out there, but don't blame Billy. He has done everything asked of him this year, and i for one am a big fan.

On a side he also seemed like a real nice kid as he spent about 10 minutes talking to my wife and I before a spring training game and was more than willing to take a few photos with us too!

LV--

FWIW, I don't hate Bill Hall at all. Much the opposite, actually. I'm happier than a pig in slop that he's improved his plate discipline and is hitting the snot out of the baseball right now.

I'm just pointing out that there's a good chance, based on his past performances, that he won't be able to sustain this over a full season. With that in mind, I would like to see him out there pretty much every day so we can keep his bat in the lineup while it's hot. If he doesn't ever cool off, then that's a bonus. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Bruce I wasn't trying to single you out, it was just a something that has been bothering me for a long time. I understand what you are saying about past performance, but I think it has been mentioned by some before that Hall was rushed to the majors at a point when he was mentally not ready. He is still only 25 years old and is still developing as a player. Maybe he will regress at some point this year and be the player he has been over the past two seasons, but I tend to think that his mental ability is starting to catch up with his physical ability.

By the way, I really don't like Wes Helms right now. Everytime I start giving him the benefit of the doubt (he has been hitting lately) he does something like this to make me not like him so much.

Archived