Brewer Fanatic

(6/8/05): Yankees (Mussina) @ Brewers (Capuano) 7:05 PM

just as a seasonal subplot....with the Yankees awful lack of depth, a large scale brawl, like they have had in the past with the Red Sox that would involve lengthy suspensions, would decimate and perhaps doom the Yankees.....

for 205 mildo, this is not that great of a complete ballclub....perhaps not all Cashman's fault, but man there are some awful dead contracts on that team.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My stat of the day:

Everyone knows the Brewers woes with runners in scoring position. Their BA w/RISP currently stands at .227, 11 points lower than the 2nd to last place team. But what nobody talks about is how awesome the Brewers are with a man on first base. They are the leaders of MLB in BA w/ a runner on first, hitting a robust .318, with an OBP of .371 and a SP of .467.

The Crew takes the field tonight in search of their first three-game s---- of the Yankees since 1989. They beat the Yankees 5-4, 1-0, and 5-1 August 14-16. Tony Fossas, Teddy Higuera, and Mark Knutson were the winning pitchers.

August 14 box.

August 15 box.

August 16 box.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

NY YANKEES AT MILWAUKEE -- LINEUPS NY YANKEES MILWAUKEE AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Derek Jeter SS .291 5 21 Brady Clark CF .335 6 25 Bernie Williams CF .242 3 19 Junior Spivey 2B .236 5 17 Gary Sheffield RF .307 10 38 Geoff Jenkins RF .251 6 23 Alex Rodriguez 3B .311 17 49 Carlos Lee LF .283 14 53 Ruben Sierra LF .195 2 10 Lyle Overbay 1B .274 7 28 Jason Giambi 1B .234 4 15 Bill Hall SS .293 6 23 John Flaherty C .211 0 2 Wes Helms 3B .314 1 5 Rey Sanchez 2B .256 0 2 Chad Moeller C .155 1 5 Mike Mussina RHP .000 0 0 Chris Capuano LHP .080 0 1 (5-4, 4.32) (5-4, 3.01) 

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

What's odd is when JJ was really struggling at the plate...Ned kept saying "we've got to let him work through this."

Well he worked through it and has been hitting the ball well and taking great approaches and now he can't get on the field. It's hard to fault playing Hall right now though and I still feel like they want to "showcase" Spivey to the Yankees.

I'd be surprised if Hall doesn't start most of the weekend. Also, most of the year when Moeller plays, Hardy sits. And with Miller out, that's the case.

GO CREW!!

Ned has to play Hall right now. Ride the wave until it dies out, which it probably will at some point, being that we're talking about Bill Hall.

I'd rather not see Spivey so much, especially if we're showcasing him to the Yankees. What the hell are we going to get for him from the Yankees, who have a weaker farm system than just about anyone?

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I think getting cash for Spivey might be good enough. Maybe the Yankees have a low or medium prospect in AA that would be acceptable also. Just getting rid of him is all that really matters. People keep saying that having too many players for the infield is "a good problem to have." I think that's a load of crap.

It's like John Madden always says: "uh you know uh what I always say, uh uh we think we got two quarterbacks, well then uh you uh, heh, well you uh really got no quarterback then."

Archived