Brewer Fanatic

(6/8/05): Yankees (Mussina) @ Brewers (Capuano) 7:05 PM

...as we go for the sweep!

Remember, last week I said I'd pee my Sans-A-Belts if the Brewers swept The Evil Empire. Well, to make sure everything goes as planned, I've already hit McDonald's this morning, since they've brought back their 96 oz. soft drinks. For lunch, it's a gallon of Tampico, followed up by the entire contents of a 750 ml of Cutty Sark, rocks.

Let the good times flow!

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7:05 for a get away game? I can't even recall the last time the Brewers hosted a get away game that was not a day game.

on a side note: Jenkins couldn't get a hot bat if he set the thing on fire. It's getting to the point that the only thing Jenkins is capable of "carrying" is water. (can't carry the team)

Perhaps most interestingly no matter how funny I try to be about Jenkins, the fact that -part time- players (Hall,3TO) are tied with him in HR's is hilarious. Even funnier though (and quite sad actually) is the fact that -Junior Spivey- is just one moon shot away from our highly tauted slugger in RF.

I'm now of the opinion that Geoff Jenkins could not get himself turned around if he were on a Merry-Go-Round.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

7:05 for a get away game? I can't even recall the last time the Brewers hosted a get away game that was not a day game.

I wasn't expecting it either, but I'm pretty sure it's because it's the Yankees and they want as many people as possible.

I'm now of the opinion that Geoff Jenkins could not get himself turned around if he were on a Merry-Go-Round.

Thanks for the smack talk, Jamie. Now I feel more confident of seeing a home team W tonight. The Brewers' record with hawing in attendance is 3-3 (after battling back from 0-3) and a win would really help justify our driving through storms to get there and back to Madison.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Given their conduct with regards to Ben Sheets, I call Red Sox fans vultures...

I only wish the Crew could also deliver a thrashing in a series to them this year... guess the Crew will have to make the World Series for that to happen.

I will be attending the game tonight. Attended the first 2 and what great games they were. Just the ending most baseball fans would like with a player like Jeter at the plate with the game in the balance.

I really can say that trading away Cirillo was one of the poorer moves the Brewers made in their past.

Quote:
just curious, if the Yankees are the Evil Empire, what are the Red Sox? The whiny battalion?
The Red Sox are the ones buying championships now, so maybe they're the Evil Empire, and the Yankees are just the new Mets.

The lineups usually come out about an hour before the game. I'm really hoping to see JJ in the lineup tonight and Billy at 2nd base. It seems like for about the past month JJ has been seeing the ball well, especially since he went back to being more agressive at the plate. I'm afraid if Ned keeps him out of the linup too much longer he may start to show some rust and lose confidence.

Why?... He stunk every year since the Brewers traded him away, and for big time dollars to boot.

2000: .326/.392/.477 with 115 RBI, 111 Runs, 53 2Bs and 11 HRs

Granted, that was at Coors for 81 games, but still...

And I too will be at the game, hope to see Cappy dominate the Octogenarian Yankees.

Archived