Brewer Fanatic

6/11/05 Brewers (Davis) @ Phillies (Wolf) 6:05 CST

brewermary15
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeks has a good eye, wish we could say the same for the hack Jenkins.

What?? does that make you feel more like a man that you can take every opportunity to make fun of Jenkins? I mean, come on... he does suck, but give it a break buddy!!!

Well other than Weeks, that was just sad! I wonder if how Weeks stands at the plate coiled like a rattlesnake with the bat moving intimidates a pitcher, cause he was walked on 4 straight pitches.

Quote:
What?? does that make you feel more like a man that you can take every opportunity to make fun of Jenkins? I mean, come on... he does suck, but give it a break buddy!!!

you must be new here

looking on the bright side of things....Rickie looked good. I guess we call these games growing pains....but they still hurt...off to the tavern to digest this loss....grrr..

See ya in the drunk thread (off-topic) later tonight.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Just got back from the game. Observations:

- Hardy's HR was a BOMB. LF never even turned around. Almost got upper tank w/it. Longer than Burrell's.

- Weeks easily could've been 3-4. The liner to Thome was a rope. Good plate discipline. Got caught looking on the K, but he is very patient at the plate.

- Davis was not sharp from the get-go. Although, I think both teams were griping about the strike zone (or lack thereof)... but at least the ump was consistent.

- Hall's play was outstanding. Right in front of me. And he had plenty of time to throw the guy out. Good pick off the hop by Overbay.

- What really hurt was Davis not getting out of the 6th. He was due up second the next inning. Unfortunately they had to blow Santana, and subsequently PH for him, which brought in Bottalico.

- Hey Doug, any offers for Bottalico?

I also just got back from the game. I agree with pretty much everything LouisEly said, so I can't really add too much.

Hardy's homerun was a bomb, and he was crushing the ball in batting practice too...for what that means.

Davis was very wild, consistently going to three ball counts. I was surprised that he lasted as long as he did.

Philly fans gave me a pretty hard time at the end of the game, but in the top of the 9th when Overbay came up, I put my arms up in the O and yelled "Oooooooo"...and they inadvertantly helped me!! I guess they thought I was doing something for the Phillies (they didn't realize it was me)...too bad Overbay struck out.

Weeks came over and signed a few autographs...I got a ball signed. He wasn't much for conversation, but he was nice enough.

I got a BP ball from the Brewers dugout from one of the Philly ushers who I talked to for about a half an hour...I had never gotten a ball from a game before. Not sure this counts since I didn't catch it, and a player didn't give it to me, but I am happy nonetheless.

I will be there tomorrow with my Sheets stuff on...I hope he pitches great, and all of those Philly fans can SHUT UP!!

Verified Member

Hey LouisEly, were you sitting right behind the dugout where the Phillie Fanatic was putting on a show? I saw someone wearing a Brewers cap on TV a few rows back.

Game was good until Bottalico blew up. :-(

Nope, no Brewer cap on. I was behind the 3rd base dugout, but 23 rows up. Section 132, row 23, seat 9. Wearing a blue hawaiian shirt. Stuck out amongst the red.

Cy - where were you sitting? I did see one person further down the 3B side about 25 rows up stand up and give the "O" when Overbay pinch hit. I was looking around for other "O"'s, but didn't see any.

At that point I was sitting right behind the foul pole in the left field stands...in the corner section. I was wearing my yellow 1982 brewers hat, with an old school blue ball and glove logo t-shirt.

Tonights game sucked too...Why do we have to get swept in Philly every time? Work is really going to suck tomorrow.

Archived