Brewer Fanatic

6/12/05 Brewers (Sheets) @ Phillies (Lidle) 12:35 CST

wow Jenkins-Hardy-Moeller-Sheets was tough to watch hit today. Too many automatic outs

I don't see how we can afford to keep Jenkins playing regularily...and hopefully this is the last year we see Moeller in a Brewers uniform. I like the guy, he's a good catcher, but he hits like a AA ball-player... ouch

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So for some, Overbay goes from being a fan favorite to "the (crap) list" in a span of a month.

Step off the ledge and put things in perspective folks. Horrible game today, hard games to swallow all three games of the series. We played a hot team, and the offense is struggling.

There will be more games to play. Maybe having a DH will shake things up, and playing in Tampa always helps.

Why are they so in love with Phelps while Adams is rotting down in AAA?!

Maybe because he hadn't given up a single run since mid-April?

Quote:
So for some, Overbay goes from being a fan favorite to "the (crap) list" in a span of a month.

What's wrong with that? The guy has been putting up Moeller like numbers over the past month. It's about time our guys become accountable for their poor play.

Man, so many people defend our guys when they are playing like crap. I'm sure Overbay will turn things around eventually but until he does, he's playing like crap. Who cares if it's a long season...we're pissed at the way the team is playing right now.

Baseball is a streaky game, Jenkins is a streaky guy. Last month he hit 272 with 14 walks for a 369 OBP, hardly an automatic out. His big problem was the lack of power last month. This month he has come out very very cold, but to say he should be benched on a regular basis is not going to help the team. Sitting against lefties, sure I can see that.

PeaveyFury

Gee, a guy goes nearly two months without allowing a run, but he has a bad night (his first in two months), and everyone's ready to run him out of town.

We got our butts handed to us by the Phillies. We're probably sellers at this point. Let's hope Botallico bounces back enough that we can get something decent in return. We managed nicely with Spivey...

Quite a rant on a guy who is obviously a very good hitter, but is going through probably the longest slump of his career.

Like I said brewerjamie uses his negative mojo to counter the negative mojo of a particular player and the cross-mojonation often leads to a positive mojo for that player. It's technically called a antimojobrewerjaimierectomy.

Thanks, nsimps. Yes, indeed it was a "reverse the curse" bashing of Overbay. I sometimes seem to have the unique ability (ok, lucky timing) to blast players who are performing poorly and then watch them have a breakout run of games.

I thought that I had made that post rather obvious that it was humor, not a rant. I'll have to choose my words more carefully next time, or get a disclaimer.

Anyhow, Overbay did in deed suck so maybe tomorrow I go totally off on him.

I wish I could have posted to this IGT during the game, but I was doing some gardening and then grilled dinner.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

BadgerFan - I didn't realize that players can go on your (crap) list on an interim basis. Thought you meant that you wanted Overbay run out of town or something. I guess not. That's a good thing. Just to get things straight, I by no means am defending poor play.

But it just seems that certain players seem to have a stigma attached to them solely due to their performance in April. One look at the stats will tell you that a statement like "Phelps is the worst RP on the team" is just not correct. Helms hasn't been doing all that badly as of late either, in limited playing time.

Now with that said, I am by no means saying that they are excused from their previous performances (Phelps' early April, Helms' 0-for-Forever to start the season) and Phelps' implosion this afternoon. But it just seems like some people on this board go out of their way to want these two guys to fail, and pounce at every moment possible to criticise them. I just don't like that very much.

Archived