Brewer Fanatic

I smell a hot streak coming...who's with me?

DannoMac21

I am not sure yelling stupid things, is better than saying them. That said I hope someone tears into him for having Wise pitch to Pujols.

I hate to nit-pick, but Wise vs Pujols was a good matchup for the Brewers, at least according to the numbers. Pujols is a career 2-for-9 hitter (I'm assuming that includes this past weekend) vs Matt Wise. No extra base hits. Small sample? Absolutely... but any batter vs pitcher comparison is going to be a small sample. Still, Wise gets Pujols out, for whatever reason. Hard to fault Yost for that matchup IMO.

Getting back on topic...

I don't think its necessarily a question of whether the Brewers will get hot again. They will, but when? And equally / more importantly, when will the Cubs cool off? If the Brewers are going to continue to struggle on the road (which seems like a safe bet at this point), they are really going to need to make hay at home. Last I checked, all wins count the same regardless of where the games are played.

Archived